The fundamental theorem of asset pricing, the hedging problem and maximal claims in financial markets with short sales prohibitions
This paper consists of two parts. In the first part we prove the fundamental theorem of asset pricing under short sales prohibitions in continuous-time financial models where asset prices are driven by nonnegative, locally bounded semimartingales. A key step in this proof is an extension of a well-known result of Ansel and Stricker. In the second part we study the hedging problem in these models and connect it to a properly defined property of "maximality" of contingent claims.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2010|
|Date of revision:||Jan 2014|
|Publication status:||Published in Annals of Applied Probability 2014, Vol. 24, No. 1, 54-75|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://arxiv.org/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Napp, C., 2003. "The Dalang-Morton-Willinger theorem under cone constraints," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 111-126, February.
- Robert A. Jarrow, 2015. "Asset Price Bubbles," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 7(1), pages 201-218, December.
- Eckhard Platen, 2006.
"A Benchmark Approach To Finance,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(1), pages 131-151.
- Eckhard Platen, 2004. "A Benchmark Approach to Finance," Research Paper Series 138, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Robert Jarrow & Philip Protter & Sergio Pulido, 2015. "The Effect Of Trading Futures On Short Sale Constraints," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(2), pages 311-338, 04.
- Elyégs Jouini & Hédi Kallal, 1995. "Arbitrage In Securities Markets With Short-Sales Constraints," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(3), pages 197-232. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1012.3102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.