Using pseudo-parabolic and fractional equations for option pricing in jump diffusion models
In mathematical finance a popular approach for pricing options under some Levy model is to consider underlying that follows a Poisson jump diffusion process. As it is well known this results in a partial integro-differential equation (PIDE) that usually does not allow an analytical solution while numerical solution brings some problems. In this paper we elaborate a new approach on how to transform the PIDE to some class of so-called pseudo-parabolic equations which are known in mathematics but are relatively new for mathematical finance. As an example we discuss several jump-diffusion models which Levy measure allows such a transformation.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alvaro Cartea & Diego del-Castillo-Negrete, 2006.
"Fractional Diffusion Models of Option Prices in Markets with Jumps,"
Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance
0604, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Cartea, Álvaro & del-Castillo-Negrete, Diego, 2007. "Fractional diffusion models of option prices in markets with jumps," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 374(2), pages 749-763.
- Amin, Kaushik I, 1993. " Jump Diffusion Option Valuation in Discrete Time," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1833-63, December.
- Peter Carr & Hélyette Geman & Dilip Madan & Marc Yor, 2005. "Pricing options on realized variance," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 453-475, October.
- Carr, Peter & Wu, Liuren, 2004.
"Time-changed Levy processes and option pricing,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 113-141, January.
- N. Hilber & N. Reich & C. Schwab & C. Winter, 2009. "Numerical methods for Lévy processes," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 471-500, September.
- Peter Carr & Anita Mayo, 2007. "On the Numerical Evaluation of Option Prices in Jump Diffusion Processes," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 353-372.
- Madan, Dilip B & Seneta, Eugene, 1990. "The Variance Gamma (V.G.) Model for Share Market Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63(4), pages 511-24, October.
- Peter Carr & Helyette Geman, 2002. "The Fine Structure of Asset Returns: An Empirical Investigation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(2), pages 305-332, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1002.1995. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.