Exchangeability type properties of asset prices
In this paper we analyse financial implications of exchangeability and similar properties of finite dimensional random vectors. We show how these properties are reflected in prices of some basket options in view of the well-known put-call symmetry property and the duality principle in option pricing. A particular attention is devoted to the case of asset prices driven by Levy processes. Based on this, concrete semi-static hedging techniques for multi-asset barrier options, such as certain weighted barrier spread options, weighted barrier swap options or weighted barrier quanto-swap options are suggested.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- José Fajardo & Ernesto Mordecki, 2014.
"Skewness premium with Lévy processes,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(9), pages 1619-1626, September.
- José Fajardo & Ernesto Mordecki, 2006. "Skewness Premium with Lévy Processes," IBMEC RJ Economics Discussion Papers 2006-04, Economics Research Group, IBMEC Business School - Rio de Janeiro.
- José Fajardo & Ernesto Mordecki, 2009. "Skewness Premium with Lévy Processes," CREATES Research Papers 2009-10, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Ernst Eberlein & Antonis Papapantoleon & Albert Shiryaev, 2008. "On the duality principle in option pricing: semimartingale setting," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 265-292, April.
- Stephen A. Ross, "undated".
"Options and Efficiency,"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers
3-74, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Stephen A. Ross, "undated". "Options and Efficiency," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 03-74, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- José Fajardo & Ernesto Mordecki, 2006. "Pricing Derivatives On Two-Dimensional Lévy Processes," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 9(02), pages 185-197.
- José Fajardo & Ernesto Mordecki, 2005. "Duality and Derivative Pricing with Time-Changed Lévy Processes," IBMEC RJ Economics Discussion Papers 2005-12, Economics Research Group, IBMEC Business School - Rio de Janeiro.
- JosE Fajardo & Ernesto Mordecki, 2006. "Symmetry and duality in Levy markets," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 219-227.
- Laurence, Peter & Wang, Tai-Ho, 2009. "Sharp distribution free lower bounds for spread options and the corresponding optimal subreplicating portfolios," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 35-47, February.
- Michael Schmutz, 2008. "Semi-static hedging for certain Margrabe type options with barriers," Papers 0810.5146, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2010.
- Ernst Eberlein & Antonis Papapantoleon & Albert N. Shiryaev, 2008. "Esscher transform and the duality principle for multidimensional semimartingales," Papers 0809.0301, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2009.
- José Fajardo & Ernesto Mordecki, 2008. "Symmetry and Time Changed Brownian Motions," IBMEC RJ Economics Discussion Papers 2008-02, Economics Research Group, IBMEC Business School - Rio de Janeiro.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:0901.4914. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.