Auto-seleçãoe aprendizado no comércio exterior das firmas industriaisbrasileiras
This article looks for to carry through an integrated analysis of the auto-selection hypotheses and learning by exporting hypothesis, offering elements for the quarrel on the recent promotion of exportations policies. We use here Brazilian manufacturing firms data from 2000 to 2006, from the Escritoire of Foreign Trade (SECEX), Annual Relation of Social Information (RAIS), and of the Annual Industrial Research (PIA). Beyond the descriptive analysis on the observable firm´s characteristics, this work has an econometrical analysis on the persistence, and the permanence firm´s determinants on the exporting activity. Its main results indicate that hysteresis in the exporting activity is stronger in micron and small companies, being such main categories responsible for the entrance flows and the exit in the external market. Aftermath, it exists a clear relation between entrance value, persistence and permanence in the exporting activity. However, as it was possible to observe this relation is not only based on by the auto-selection arguments, but also for the arguments related to the hypothesis of learning by exportations, as long as we obtain evidences of differentiated paths for of productivity premium before, and later, to the entrance in the external market.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 55 21 2709 7154
Web page: http://www.anpec.org.br
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mark J. Melitz, 2002.
"The Impact of Trade on Intra-Industry Reallocations and Aggregate Industry Productivity,"
NBER Working Papers
8881, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marc J. Melitz, 2003. "The Impact of Trade on Intra-Industry Reallocations and Aggregate Industry Productivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(6), pages 1695-1725, November.
- Melitz, Marc J, 2002. "The Impact of Trade on Intra-Industry Reallocations and Aggregate Industry Productivity," CEPR Discussion Papers 3381, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrew B. Bernard & Jonathan Eaton & J. Bradford Jensen & Samuel Kortum, 2003.
"Plants and Productivity in International Trade,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1268-1290, September.
- Andrew B Bernard & Jonathan Eaton & J. Bradford Jensen & Samuel Kortum, 2000. "Plants and productivity in international trade," Working Papers 00-08, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Andrew B. Bernard & Jonathan Eaton & J. Bradford Jensen & Samuel Kortum, 2000. "Plants and Productivity in International Trade," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 105, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Andrew B. Bernard & Jonathan Eaton & J. Bradford Jenson & Samuel Kortum, 2000. "Plants and Productivity in International Trade," NBER Working Papers 7688, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roberto Alvarez & Ricardo López, 2005. "Exporting and performance: evidence from Chilean plants," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 38(4), pages 1384-1400, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:anp:en2009:156. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hugo E. A. da Gama Cerqueira)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.