Medidas Antidumping E Resultados Colusivos: O Caso Do Pebdl Na Economia Brasileira
The literature shows that the use of the antidumping legislation can affect the international trade. The threat to invoke the legislation can be used for a collusive agreement or as a punishment to agreement deviation already done between national and foreign firms. Then, the objective of this work was to examine if the withdraw dumping investigation of the HDPE (high-density polyethylene) sustained collusive results on Brazilian economy. The result doesn't indicate a collusive agreement between national and foreign firms of this industry.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Secretaria da ANPEC Rua Prof Marcos Valdemar de Freitas Reis s/n Campus do Gragoatá Bloco F Niterói, RJ 24210-201 Brazil|
Phone: 55 21 3674 7952
Web page: http://www.anpec.org.br
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Secretaria da ANPEC Rua Prof Marcos Valdemar de Freitas Reis s/n Campus do Gragoatá Bloco F Niterói, RJ 24210-201 Brazil|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Veugelers, Reinhilde & Vandenbussche, Hylke, 1999.
"European anti-dumping policy and the profitability of national and international collusion,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 1-28, January.
- Vandenbussche, Hylke & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 1996. "European Anti-dumping Policy and the Profitability of National and International Collusion," CEPR Discussion Papers 1469, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- VEUGELERS, Reinhilde & VANDENBUSSCHE, Hylke, 1997. "European anti-dumping policy and the profitability of national and international collusion," SESO Working Papers 1997005, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Prusa, Thomas J., 1992. "Why are so many antidumping petitions withdrawn?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 1-20, August.
- Dobrin R. Kolev & Thomas J. Prusa, 2002. "Dumping and Double Crossing: The (In)Effectiveness of Cost-Based Trade Policy under Incomplete Information," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 43(3), pages 895-918, August.
- Dobrin R. Kolev & Thomas J. Prusa, 1999. "Dumping and Double Crossing: The (In)Effectiveness of Cost-Based Trade Policy Under Incomplete Information," NBER Working Papers 6986, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas J. Prusa & Dobrin Kolev, 1999. "Dumping and Double Crossing: The (In)Effectiveness Of Cost-Based Trade Policy Under Incomplete Information," Departmental Working Papers 199901, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Taylor, Christopher T., 2004. "The economic effects of withdrawn antidumping investigations: is there evidence of collusive settlements?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 295-312, March.
- Maurizio Zanardi, 2004. "Antidumping law as a collusive device," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 37(1), pages 95-122, February.
- Maurizio Zanardi, 2000. "Antidumping Law as a Collusive Device," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 487, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Maurizio Zanardi, 2004. "Antidumping law as a collusive device," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9833, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Halvorsen, Robert & Palmquist, Raymond, 1980. "The Interpretation of Dummy Variables in Semilogarithmic Equations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 474-475, June.
- Arvind Panagariya & Poonam Gupta, 1998. "Anti-dumping Duty versus Price Negotiations," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(8), pages 1003-1019, November.
- Honório Kume & Guida Piani, 2004. "Regime Antidumping: A Experiência Brasileira," Discussion Papers 1037, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Fischer, Ronald D., 1992. "Endogenous probability of protection and firm behavior," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-2), pages 149-163, February. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:anp:en2005:071. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rodrigo Zadra Armond)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.