Medidas Antidumping E Resultados Colusivos: O Caso Do Pebdl Na Economia Brasileira
The literature shows that the use of the antidumping legislation can affect the international trade. The threat to invoke the legislation can be used for a collusive agreement or as a punishment to agreement deviation already done between national and foreign firms. Then, the objective of this work was to examine if the withdraw dumping investigation of the HDPE (high-density polyethylene) sustained collusive results on Brazilian economy. The result doesn't indicate a collusive agreement between national and foreign firms of this industry.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Secretaria da ANPEC Rua Prof Marcos Valdemar de Freitas Reis s/n Campus do Gragoatá Bloco F Niterói, RJ 24210-201 Brazil|
Phone: 55 21 3674 7952
Web page: http://www.anpec.org.br
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Secretaria da ANPEC Rua Prof Marcos Valdemar de Freitas Reis s/n Campus do Gragoatá Bloco F Niterói, RJ 24210-201 Brazil|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dobrin R. Kolev & Thomas J. Prusa, 1999.
"Dumping and Double Crossing: The (In)Effectiveness of Cost-Based Trade Policy Under Incomplete Information,"
NBER Working Papers
6986, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dobrin R. Kolev & Thomas J. Prusa, 2002. "Dumping and Double Crossing: The (In)Effectiveness of Cost-Based Trade Policy under Incomplete Information," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 43(3), pages 895-918, August.
- Thomas J. Prusa & Dobrin Kolev, 1999. "Dumping and Double Crossing: The (In)Effectiveness Of Cost-Based Trade Policy Under Incomplete Information," Departmental Working Papers 199901, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Halvorsen, Robert & Palmquist, Raymond, 1980. "The Interpretation of Dummy Variables in Semilogarithmic Equations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 474-75, June.
- VEUGELERS, Reinhilde & VANDENBUSSCHE, Hylke, 1997.
"European anti-dumping policy and the profitability of national and international collusion,"
SESO Working Papers
1997005, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Veugelers, Reinhilde & Vandenbussche, Hylke, 1999. "European anti-dumping policy and the profitability of national and international collusion," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 1-28, January.
- Vandenbussche, Hylke & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 1996. "European Anti-dumping Policy and the Profitability of National and International Collusion," CEPR Discussion Papers 1469, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Maurizio Zanardi, 2004.
"Antidumping law as a collusive device,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/9833, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Taylor, Christopher T., 2004. "The economic effects of withdrawn antidumping investigations: is there evidence of collusive settlements?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 295-312, March.
- Arvind Panagariya & Poonam Gupta, 1998. "Anti-dumping Duty versus Price Negotiations," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(8), pages 1003-1019, November.
- Fischer, Ronald D., 1992. "Endogenous probability of protection and firm behavior," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-2), pages 149-163, February.
- Prusa, Thomas J., 1992. "Why are so many antidumping petitions withdrawn?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 1-20, August.
- Honório Kume & Guida Piani, 2004. "Regime Antidumping: A Experiência Brasileira," Discussion Papers 1037, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:anp:en2005:071. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rodrigo Zadra Armond)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.