Transformations of traditional landuse systems and their effects on development opportunities and peopleâ€™s livelihoods in Northern Ghana
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lorenzo Cotula & Carlos Oya & Emmanuel A. Codjoe & Abdurehman Eid & Mark Kakraba-Ampeh & James Keeley & Admasu Lokaley Kidewa & Melissa Makwarimba & Wondwosen Michago Seide & William Ole Nasha & Richa, 2014. "Testing Claims about Large Land Deals in Africa: Findings from a Multi-Country Study," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(7), pages 903-925, July.
- Graham Von Maltitz & Alexandros Gasparatos & Christo Fabricius, 2014. "The Rise, Fall and Potential Resilience Benefits of Jatropha in Southern Africa," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(6), pages 1-29, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Moseki, Ofentse & Murray-Hudson, Michael & Kashe, Keotshephile, 2019. "Crop water and irrigation requirements of Jatropha curcas L. in semi-arid conditions of Botswana: applying the CROPWAT model," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 225(C).
- Ali,Daniel Ayalew & Deininger,Klaus W. & Harris,Charles Anthony Philip & Ali,Daniel Ayalew & Deininger,Klaus W. & Harris,Charles Anthony Philip, 2016. "Large farm establishment, smallholder productivity, labor market participation, and resilience : evidence from Ethiopia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7576, The World Bank.
- Sara Balestri & Mario A. Maggioni, 2021.
"This Land Is My Land! Large-Scale Land Acquisitions and Conflict Events in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(4), pages 427-450, May.
- Mario A. Maggioni & Sara Balestri, 2016. "This land is my land! Large-Scale Land Acquisitions and conflict events in Sub-Saharan Africa," DISEIS - Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia internazionale, delle istituzioni e dello sviluppo dis1603, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimento di Economia internazionale, delle istituzioni e dello sviluppo (DISEIS).
- Richmond Antwi-Bediako & Kei Otsuki & Annelies Zoomers & Aklilu Amsalu, 2019. "Global Investment Failures and Transformations: A Review of Hyped Jatropha Spaces," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(12), pages 1-23, June.
- Graham von Maltitz & Marna van der Merwe, 2017. "Land and agronomic potential for biofuel production in Southern Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 085, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Abubakari, Mohammed & Twum, Kwaku Owusu & Asokwah, Gertrude Amissah, 2020. "From conflict to cooperation: The trajectories of large scale land investments on land conflict reversal in Ghana," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C).
- Nazaire Houssou & Michael Johnson & Shashidhara Kolavalli & Collins Asante-Addo, 2018.
"Changes in Ghanaian farming systems: stagnation or a quiet transformation?,"
Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 35(1), pages 41-66, March.
- Houssou, Nazaire & Johnson, Michael E. & Kolavalli, Shashidhara & Asante-Addo, Collins, 2016. "Changes in Ghanaian farming systems: Stagnation or a quiet transformation?:," IFPRI discussion papers 1504, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Graham von Maltitz, 2017. "Options for suitable biofuel farming: Experience from Southern Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2017-100, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ahlerup, Pelle & Tengstam, Sven, 2015. "Do the land-poor gain from agricultural investments? Empirical evidence from Zambia using panel data," Working Papers in Economics 624, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Wegayehu Fitawek & Sheryl L. Hendriks, 2021. "Evaluating the Impact of Large-Scale Agricultural Investments on Household Food Security Using an Endogenous Switching Regression Model," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(3), pages 1-19, March.
- Ahmed, Abubakari, 2021. "Biofuel feedstock plantations closure and land abandonment in Ghana: New directions for land studies in Sub-Saharan Africa," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 107(C).
- Antonio Pedro & Elias T. Ayuk & Christina Bodouroglou & Ben Milligan & Paul Ekins & Bruno Oberle, 2017. "Towards a sustainable development licence to operate for the extractive sector," Mineral Economics, Springer;Raw Materials Group (RMG);Luleå University of Technology, vol. 30(2), pages 153-165, July.
- Wegayehu Fitawek & Sheryl Hendriks & Aurélien Reys & Filippo Fossi, 0. "The effect of large-scale agricultural investments on household food security in Madagascar," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 0, pages 1-17.
- Gasparatos, A. & von Maltitz, G.P. & Johnson, F.X. & Lee, L. & Mathai, M. & Puppim de Oliveira, J.A. & Willis, K.J., 2015. "Biofuels in sub-Sahara Africa: Drivers, impacts and priority policy areas," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 879-901.
- Logan Cochrane & Danielle D. Legault, 2020. "The Rush for Land and Agricultural Investment in Ethiopia: What We Know and What We Are Missing," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(5), pages 1-13, May.
- Milligan, Ben & O'Keeffe, Michelle, 2019. "Global Governance of Resources and Implications for Resource Efficiency in Europe," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 155(C), pages 46-58.
- Chilombo, Andrew & Fisher, Janet A. & van Der Horst, Dan, 2019. "A conceptual framework for improving the understanding of large scale land acquisitions," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C).
- Wayessa, Gutu Olana, 2020. "Impacts of land leases in Oromia, Ethiopia: Changes in access to livelihood resources for local people," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C).
- Deininger, Klaus W. & Xia, Fang, 2017. "Assessing Impacts of Large Scale Land Transfers: Challenges and Opportunities in Malawi’s Estate Sector," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258112, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Deininger,Klaus W. & Xia,Fang & Mate,Aurelio & Payongayong,Ellen & Deininger,Klaus W. & Xia,Fang & Mate,Aurelio & Payongayong,Ellen, 2015. "Quantifying spillover effects from large farm establishments : the case of Mozambique," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7466, The World Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ajy:icddwp:14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ickasde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Webadmin (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ickasde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.