The Neolithic Revolution and Human Societies: Diverse Origins and Development Paths
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Smith, Vernon L, 1975. "The Primitive Hunter Culture, Pleistocene Extinction, and the Rise of Agriculture," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(4), pages 727-755, August.
- Diego Comin & William Easterly & Erick Gong, 2010.
"Was the Wealth of Nations Determined in 1000 BC?,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 65-97, July.
- Diego Comin & William Easterly & Erick Gong, 2006. "Was the Wealth of Nations Determined in 1000 B.C.?," NBER Working Papers 12657, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diego A. Comin & William Easterly & Erick Gong, 2008. "Was the Wealth of Nations Determined in 1000 B.C.?," Harvard Business School Working Papers 09-052, Harvard Business School.
- Areendam Chanda & Louis Putterman, 2007.
"Early Starts, Reversals and Catch-up in the Process of Economic Development,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 109(2), pages 387-413, June.
- Areendam Chanda & Louis Putterman, 2004. "Early Starts, Reversals and Catchup in The Process of Economic Development," Development and Comp Systems 0408016, EconWPA.
- Areendam Chanda & Louis Putterman, 2004. "Early Starts, Reversals and Catchup in The Process of Economic Development," Working Papers 2004-04, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Areendam Chanda & Louis Putterman, 2005. "Early Starts, Reversals and Catchup in the Process of Economic Development," Departmental Working Papers 2005-06, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Easterly, William & Levine, Ross, 2003.
"Tropics, germs, and crops: how endowments influence economic development,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 3-39, January.
- William Easterly & Ross Levine, 2002. "Tropics, Germs, and Crops: How Endowments Influence Economic Development," Working Papers 15, Center for Global Development.
- William Easterly & Ross Levine, 2002. "Tropics, Germs, and Crops: How Endowments Influence Economic Development," NBER Working Papers 9106, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oded Galor & Omer Moav, 2007. "The Neolithic Revolution and Contemporary Variations in Life Expectancy," Working Papers 2007-14, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- repec:tiu:tiutis:fe79a9d2-e9e3-4dbc-9539-cdece886993d is not listed on IDEAS
- Clement A. Tisdell, 2013. "Competition, Diversity and Economic Performance," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13026.
- Galor, Oded & Moav, Omer, 2001. "Evolution and growth," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 718-729, May.
- Douglass C. North & Robert Paul Thomas, 1977. "The First Economic Revolution," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 30(2), pages 229-241, May.
- Horan, Richard D. & Bulte, Erwin & Shogren, Jason F., 2005. "How trade saved humanity from biological exclusion: an economic theory of Neanderthal extinction," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 1-29, September.
- George Grantham, 2006. "Prehistoric Origins Of European Economic Integration," Departmental Working Papers 2006-28, McGill University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordshunter-gatherers; agriculture; Neolithic transition; demic diffusion; imitation; economic surplus; social and economic inequalities; social evolutionary theory.; Community/Rural/Urban Development; Crop Production/Industries; Land Economics/Use; N00; N5; O10; Q10;
- N00 - Economic History - - General - - - General
- N5 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- Q10 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-08-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-EVO-2015-08-07 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-GRO-2015-08-07 (Economic Growth)
- NEP-HIS-2015-08-07 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2015-08-07 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uqseee:168375. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decuqau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.