Technical Change And Agricultural Trade: Three Examples (Sugarcane, Bananas, And Rice)
The purpose of this paper is to examine three cases which provide some insight into the character of international transmission of technical change and its economic impacts and implications. These cases focus on three separate commodities, sugarcane, bananas, and rice. Each case presents different facets of the international movement of technological innovation.
|Date of creation:||1968|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 231ClaOff Building, 1994 Buford Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55108-6040|
Phone: (612) 625-1222
Fax: (612) 625-6245
Web page: http://www.apec.umn.edu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Johnston, Bruce F., 1966. "Agriculture and Economic Development: The Relevance of the Japanese Experience," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute, issue 03.
- Zvi Griliches, 1958. "Research Costs and Social Returns: Hybrid Corn and Related Innovations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 419-419.
- Mahar Mangahas & Aida E. Recto & V. W. Ruttan, 1966. "Price and Market Relationships for Rice and Corn in the Philippines," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 48(3_Part_I), pages 685-703.
- Yujiro Hayami, 1967. "Innovations in the Fertilizer Industry and Agricultural Development: The Japanese Experience," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 49(2), pages 403-412.
- Johnston, Bruce F., 1962. "Agricultural Development and Economic Transformation: A Comparative Study of the Japanese Experience," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute, issue 03.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:umaesp:13879. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.