Technical Change and Agricultural Trade: Three Examples—Sugarcane, Bananas, and Rice
In: The Technology Factor in International Trade
The purpose of this paper is to examine three cases which provide some insight into the character of international transmission of technical change and its economic impacts and implications. These cases focus on three separate commodities, sugarcane, bananas, and rice. Each case presents different facets of the international movement of technological innovation.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|This chapter was published in: ||This item is provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Chapters with number
3385.||Handle:|| RePEc:nbr:nberch:3385||Contact details of provider:|| Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.|
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zvi Griliches, 1958. "Research Costs and Social Returns: Hybrid Corn and Related Innovations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 419-419.
- Mahar Mangahas & Aida E. Recto & V. W. Ruttan, 1966. "Price and Market Relationships for Rice and Corn in the Philippines," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 48(3_Part_I), pages 685-703.
- Yujiro Hayami, 1967. "Innovations in the Fertilizer Industry and Agricultural Development: The Japanese Experience," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 49(2), pages 403-412.
- Johnston, Bruce F., 1966. "Agriculture and Economic Development: The Relevance of the Japanese Experience," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute, issue 03.
- Johnston, Bruce F., 1962. "Agricultural Development and Economic Transformation: A Comparative Study of the Japanese Experience," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute, issue 03.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:3385. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.