Measuring Biodiversity – an axiomatic evaluation of measures based on genetic data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Solow Andrew & Polasky Stephen & Broadus James, 1993. "On the Measurement of Biological Diversity," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 60-68, January.
- Drucker, Adam G. & Gomez, Veronica & Anderson, Simon, 2001. "The economic valuation of farm animal genetic resources: a survey of available methods," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Eiswerth, Mark E. & Haney, J. Christopher, 1992. "Allocating conservation expenditures: accounting for inter-species genetic distinctiveness," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 235-249, June.
- Oliver Fromm, 2000. "Ecological Structure and Functions of Biodiversity as Elements of Its Total Economic Value," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 16(3), pages 303-328, July.
- Nehring, Klaus & Puppe, Clemens, 2004. "Modelling phylogenetic diversity," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 205-235, June.
- van der Heide, C. Martijn & van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M. & van Ierland, Ekko C., 2005. "Extending Weitzman's economic ranking of biodiversity protection: combining ecological and genetic considerations," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 218-223, November.
- P.M.S. Jones, 1994. "The Value of Diversity," Energy & Environment, , vol. 5(3), pages 215-225, September.
- William A. Brock & Anastasios Xepapadeas, 2003.
"Valuing Biodiversity from an Economic Perspective: A Unified Economic, Ecological, and Genetic Approach,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(5), pages 1597-1614, December.
- William Brock & Anastasios Xepapadeas, "undated". "Valuing Biodiversity from an Economic Perspective: AUnified Economic, Ecological and Genetic Approach," Working Papers 0301, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- William Brock & Anastasios Xepapadeas, 2001. "Valuing Biodiversity from an Economic Perspective: A Unified Economic, Ecological and Genetic Approach," Working Papers 0102, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Brock,W. & Xepapadeas,A., 2001. "Valuing biodiversity from an economic perspective : a unified economic, ecological and genetic approach," Working papers 17, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Brock,W.A. & Xepapadeas,A., 2003. "Valuing biodiversity from an economic perspective : a unified economic, ecological and genetic approach," Working papers 9, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Polasky Stephen & Solow Andrew R., 1995. "On the Value of a Collection of Species," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 298-303, November.
- Eiswerth, Mark E. & Haney, J. Christopher, 2001. "Maximizing conserved biodiversity: why ecosystem indicators and thresholds matter," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 259-274, August.
- Klaus Nehring & Clemens Puppe, 2002. "A Theory of Diversity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(3), pages 1155-1198, May.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1998. "The Noah's Ark Problem," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(6), pages 1279-1298, November.
- Li, Chuan-Zhong & L Fgren, Karl-Gustaf, 1998. "A dynamic model of biodiversity preservation," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(02), pages 157-172, May.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Economics and Policy; Resource /Energy Economics and Policy;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ubzefd:51305. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/zefbnde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.