Economic Analysis of Management Practices to Reduce Phosphorus Load to Lake Eucha and Spavinaw
Changes in management practices are often proposed to reduce phosphorus loading from a watershed due to over application of poultry litter. This study determines the choice, location, and level of each best management practice in the watershed to meet a Total Maximum Daily Load and margins of safety at least cost.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Qiu, Zeyuan & Prato, Anthony A. & Kaylen, Michael S., 1998. "Watershed-Scale Economic And Environmental Tradeoffs Incorporating Risks: A Target Motad Approach," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 27(2), October.
- Scott L. Johnson & Richard M. Adams & Gregory M. Perry, 1991. "The On-Farm Costs of Reducing Groundwater Pollution," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 73(4), pages 1063-1073.
- Qiu, Zeyuan & Prato, Tony, 1999. "Accounting for Spatial Characteristics of Watersheds in Evaluating Water Pollution Abatement Policies," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(01), pages 161-175, April.
- H.P. Mapp & D.J. Bernardo & G.J. Sabbagh & S. Geleta & K.B. Watkins, 1994. "Economic and Environmental Impacts of Limiting Nitrogen Use to Protect Water Quality: A Stochastic Regional Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(4), pages 889-903.
- J. Walter Milon, 1986. "Interdependent Risk and Institutional Coordination for Nonpoint Externalities in Groundwater," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 68(5), pages 1229-1233.
- Douglas M. Larson & Gloria E. Helfand & Brett W. House, 1996. "Second-Best Tax Policies to Reduce Nonpoint Source Pollution," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(4), pages 1108-1117.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeaed:6793. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.