Economic Analysis of Management Practices to Reduce Phosphorus Load to Lake Eucha and Spavinaw
Changes in management practices are often proposed to reduce phosphorus loading from a watershed due to over application of poultry litter. This study determines the choice, location, and level of each best management practice in the watershed to meet a Total Maximum Daily Load and margins of safety at least cost.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. Walter Milon, 1986. "Interdependent Risk and Institutional Coordination for Nonpoint Externalities in Groundwater," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 68(5), pages 1229-1233.
- Qiu, Zeyuan & Prato, Tony, 1999. "Accounting for Spatial Characteristics of Watersheds in Evaluating Water Pollution Abatement Policies," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(01), pages 161-175, April.
- Qiu, Zeyuan & Prato, Anthony A. & Kaylen, Michael S., 1998. "Watershed-Scale Economic And Environmental Tradeoffs Incorporating Risks: A Target Motad Approach," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 27(2), October.
- H.P. Mapp & D.J. Bernardo & G.J. Sabbagh & S. Geleta & K.B. Watkins, 1994. "Economic and Environmental Impacts of Limiting Nitrogen Use to Protect Water Quality: A Stochastic Regional Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(4), pages 889-903.
- Douglas M. Larson & Gloria E. Helfand & Brett W. House, 1996. "Second-Best Tax Policies to Reduce Nonpoint Source Pollution," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(4), pages 1108-1117.
- Scott L. Johnson & Richard M. Adams & Gregory M. Perry, 1991. "The On-Farm Costs of Reducing Groundwater Pollution," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 73(4), pages 1063-1073.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeaed:6793. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.