Valuing Recreational Benefits of a National Park in Andean Colombia
Protected undeveloped areas are an important tool for land conservation in developing nations. Efficient land allocation decisions and resource management requires knowledge of non-market benefits. Using travel cost and contingent valuation data from on-site interviews and secondary data on visitation, this study will value a national park in Columbia.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mathieu, Laurence F. & Langford, Ian H. & Kenyon, Wendy, 2003. "Valuing marine parks in a developing country: a case study of the Seychelles," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(02), pages 373-390, May.
- Fleming, Christopher M. & Cook, Averil, 2007. "The recreational value of Lake McKenzie: An application of the travel cost method," 2007 Conference (51st), February 13-16, 2007, Queenstown, New Zealand 10382, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Navrud, StAle & Mungatana, E. D., 1994. "Environmental valuation in developing countries: The recreational value of wildlife viewing," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 135-151, November.
- Dale Whittington, 1996.
"Administering Contingent Valuation Surveys in Developing Countries,"
EEPSEA Special and Technical Paper
sp199601t1, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised Jan 1996.
- Whittington, Dale, 1998. "Administering contingent valuation surveys in developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 21-30, January.
- Stoll, John R., 1983. "Recreational Activities And Nonmarket Valuation: The Conceptualization Issue," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 15(02), December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeaed:6732. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.