The Expansion of Food Retail in Developing Countries and Its Effects on the Hunger Index
This paper presents an empirical analysis of the relationship between the expansion of food retailing in developing countries and hunger index. Our analysis found mixed results between the expansion of food retailing and hunger index for four different countries. These results demonstrate possibilities for food retail expansion in developing countries.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hildegunn E. Stokke, 2009.
"Multinational supermarket chains in developing countries: does local agriculture benefit?,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(6), pages 645-656, November.
- Hildegunn Ekroll Stokke, 2008. "Multinational supermarket chains in developing countries: Does local agriculture benefit," Working Paper Series 9408, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Terry Roe & Xinshen Diao, 2004. "Capital Accumulation and Economic Growth: The Case of the Retail Food Industry in Developing Countries," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(3), pages 788-794.
- Emongor, Rosemary A. & Kirsten, Johann F., 2009. "Supermarket expansion in developing countries and their role in development: Experiences from the Southern African Development Community (SADC)," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51401, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Thomas Reardon & Peter Timmer & Julio Berdegue, 2004. "The Rapid Rise of Supermarkets in Developing Countries: Induced Organizational, Institutional, and Technological Change in Agrifood Systems," The Electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, vol. 1(2), pages 168-183.
- Reardon, Thomas & Timmer, C. Peter & Berdegue, Julio A., 2004. "The Rapid Rise of Supermarkets in Developing Countries: Induced Organizational, Institutional, and Technological Change in Agrifood Systems," eJADE: electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization, Agricultural and Development Economics Division, vol. 1(2).
- John Humphrey, 2007. "The supermarket revolution in developing countries: tidal wave or tough competitive struggle?," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(4), pages 433-450, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saea13:142630. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.