Efficiency Analysis of Rural Hospitals: Parametric and Semi-parametric Approaches
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Newhouse, Joseph P., 1994. "Frontier estimation: How useful a tool for health economics?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 317-322, October.
- Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C, 1984. "Production Frontiers and Panel Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(4), pages 367-374, October.
- Miika Linna, 1998. "Measuring hospital cost efficiency with panel data models," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(5), pages 415-427.
- Simar, Leopold & Wilson, Paul W., 2007. "Estimation and inference in two-stage, semi-parametric models of production processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 31-64, January.
- Paul E. McNamara, 1999. "Welfare Effects of Rural Hospitial Closures: A Nested Logit Analysis of the Demand for Rural Hospital Services," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(3), pages 686-691.
More about this item
Keywordsrural hospitals; efficiency; SFA; two-stage approach; Community/Rural/Urban Development; Health Economics and Policy; Production Economics; Productivity Analysis; Public Economics; Research Methods/ Statistical Methods; I18;
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-02-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2012-02-08 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EFF-2012-02-08 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saea12:119725. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/saeaaea.html .