Comparing The Predictive Power Of Risk Elicitation Instruments: Experimental Evidence From German Farmers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Glenn W. Harrison & Morten I. Lau & E. Elisabet Rutström, 2007.
"Estimating Risk Attitudes in Denmark: A Field Experiment,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 109(2), pages 341-368, June.
- Glenn Harrison & Morten Lau & Elisabet Rutstrom, 2004. "Estimating risk attitudes in denmark: A field experiment," Artefactual Field Experiments 00059, The Field Experiments Website.
- Deon Filmer & Lant Pritchett, 2001. "Estimating Wealth Effects Without Expenditure Data—Or Tears: An Application To Educational Enrollments In States Of India," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 38(1), pages 115-132, February.
- Catherine C. Eckel & Philip J. Grossman, 2008. "Forecasting Risk Attitudes: An Experimental Study Using Actual and Forecast Gamble Choices," Monash Economics Working Papers archive-01, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Bruce A. Babcock, 2015. "Using Cumulative Prospect Theory to Explain Anomalous Crop Insurance Coverage Choice," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 97(5), pages 1371-1384.
- Glenn W. Harrison & John A. List, 2004. "Field Experiments," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(4), pages 1009-1055, December.
- Thomas Dohmen & Armin Falk & David Huffman & Uwe Sunde & Jürgen Schupp & Gert G. Wagner, 2011.
"Individual Risk Attitudes: Measurement, Determinants, And Behavioral Consequences,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 522-550, June.
- Dohmen Thomas & Falk Armin & Huffman David & Sunde Uwe & Schupp JÃ¼rgen & Wagner Gert, 2009. "Individual Risk Attitudes: Measurement, Determinants and Behavioral Consequences," ROA Research Memorandum 007, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Dohmen, Thomas J. & Falk, Armin & Huffman, David & Sunde, Uwe & Schupp, Jürgen & Wagner, Gert G., 2011. "Individual risk attitudes: Measurement, determinants, and behavioral consequences," Munich Reprints in Economics 20048, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Dohmen Thomas & Falk Armin & Huffman David & Sunde Uwe & Schupp JÃ¼rgen & Wagner Gert G., 2009. "Individual Risk Attitudes: Measurement, Determinants and Behavioral Consequences," Research Memorandum 039, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Dohmen, Thomas J. & Falk, Armin & Huffman, David & Sunde, Uwe & Schupp, Jürgen & Wagner, Gert G., 2009. "Individual risk attitudes: Measurement, determinants and behavioral consequences," Munich Reprints in Economics 20049, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Syster C. Maart-Noelck & Oliver Musshoff, 2014. "Measuring the risk attitude of decision-makers: are there differences between groups of methods and persons?," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 58(3), pages 336-352, July.
- Daniel Hellerstein & Nathaniel Higgins & John Horowitz, 2013. "The predictive power of risk preference measures for farming decisions -super-†," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 40(5), pages 807-833, December.
- Hans P. Binswanger, 1980.
"Attitudes Toward Risk: Experimental Measurement in Rural India,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 62(3), pages 395-407.
- Hans Binswanger, 1980. "Attitudes toward risk: Experimental measurement in rural india," Artefactual Field Experiments 00009, The Field Experiments Website.
- Charles A. Holt & Susan K. Laury, 2002. "Risk Aversion and Incentive Effects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1644-1655, December.
- Luisa Menapace & Gregory Colson & Roberta Raffaelli, 2016.
"A comparison of hypothetical risk attitude elicitation instruments for explaining farmer crop insurance purchases,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 43(1), pages 113-135.
- Menapace, Luisa & Colson, Gregory, 2012. "On the Validity of Gamble Tasks to Assess Farmers' Risk Attitudes," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124601, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Arnaud Reynaud & Stéphane Couture, 2012.
"Stability of risk preference measures: results from a field experiment on French farmers,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 73(2), pages 203-221, August.
- Couture, Stéphane & Reynaud, Arnaud, 2010. "Stability of Risk Preference Measures: Results from a Field Experiment on French Farmers," TSE Working Papers 10-151, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Arnaud Reynaud & Stephane Couture, 2010. "Stability of Risk Preference Measures: Results From a Field Experiment on French Farmers," LERNA Working Papers 10.10.316, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1992. "Advances in Prospect Theory: Cumulative Representation of Uncertainty," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 297-323, October.
- Ruth Hill & Angelino Viceisza, 2012. "A field experiment on the impact of weather shocks and insurance on risky investment," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 15(2), pages 341-371, June.
- Liesbeth Colen & Sergio Gomez Y Paloma & Uwe Latacz-Lohmann & Marianne Lefebvre & Sophie Thoyer & RaphaÃ«le PrÃ©get, 2015. "(How) can economic experiments inform EU agricultural policy?," JRC Working Papers JRC97340, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
More about this item
KeywordsExperimental economics; external validity; farmers; risk attitudes.; Farm Management; Risk and Uncertainty;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-10-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2016-10-30 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2016-10-30 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-UPT-2016-10-30 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:gewi16:244759. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/gewisea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.