Valuing Water Quality Changes At Connecticut Lakes With Contingent Price Data
A survey based approach is proposed to augment the property value method when historical information on water quality variation is unavailable. Data from three Connecticut lakes is used to illustrate this approach. The impact of hypothetical water quality changes on recreational and aesthetic values is assessed and analyzed.
|Date of creation:||1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Timothy J. Bartik, 2008.
"Measuring the Benefits of Amenity Improvements in Hedonic Price Models,"
Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers,
in: Joseph Herriges & Catherine L. Kling (ed.), Revealed Preference Approaches to Environmental Valuation, volume 0, pages 53-64
W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Timothy J. Bartik, 1988. "Measuring the Benefits of Amenity Improvements in Hedonic Price Models," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 64(2), pages 172-183.
- Timothy J. Bartik, 2008. "Measuring the Benefits of Amenity Improvements in Hedonic Price Models," Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers, in: Richard E. Just & Darrell L. Hueth & Andrew Schmitz (ed.), Applied Welfare Economics, pages 643-654 W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- K. E. McConnell, 1990. "Double Counting in Hedonic and Travel Cost Models," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 66(2), pages 121-127.
- Leggett, Christopher G. & Bockstael, Nancy E., 1998. "Evidence Of The Effects Of Water Quality On Residential Land Prices," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20919, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Lansford, Notie H., Jr. & Jones, Lonnie L., 1995. "Recreational And Aesthetic Value Of Water Using Hedonic Price Analysis," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 20(02), December.
- Maler, Karl-Goran, 1977. "A note on the use of property values in estimating marginal willingness to pay for environmental quality," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 355-369, December.
- Kanemoto, Yoshitsugu, 1988.
"Hedonic Prices and the Benefits of Public Projects,"
Econometric Society, vol. 56(4), pages 981-89, July.
- Yoshitsugu Kanemoto, 1985. "Hedonic Prices and the Benefits of Public Projects," Working Papers 617, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132.
- Jeffrey Englin & Trudy Cameron, 1996. "Augmenting travel cost models with contingent behavior data," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 7(2), pages 133-147, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea99:21568. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.