Impact of India’s Food Security Policy across Household Types
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Smith, Lisa C. & Ruel, Marie T. & Ndiaye, Aida, 2005. "Why Is Child Malnutrition Lower in Urban Than in Rural Areas? Evidence from 36 Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1285-1305, August.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ellen Poel & Owen O'donnell & Eddy Doorslaer, 2009.
"What explains the rural-urban gap in infant mortality: Household or community characteristics?,"
Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 46(4), pages 827-850, November.
- Ellen van de Poel & Owen O'Donnell & Eddy Van Doorslaer, 2007. "What explains the Rural-Urban Gap in Infant Mortality — Household or Community Characteristics?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 07-067/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Gómez, Miguel I. & Ricketts, Katie D., 2013. "Food value chain transformations in developing countries: Selected hypotheses on nutritional implications," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 139-150.
- Fernald, Lia C.H. & Hidrobo, Melissa, 2011. "Effect of Ecuador's cash transfer program (Bono de Desarrollo Humano) on child development in infants and toddlers: A randomized effectiveness trial," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(9), pages 1437-1446, May.
- Ameye, Hannah & De Weerdt, Joachim, 2020. "Child health across the rural–urban spectrum," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 130(C).
- Liu, Hong & Fang, Hai & Zhao, Zhong, 2013.
"Urban–rural disparities of child health and nutritional status in China from 1989 to 2006,"
Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 294-309.
- Liu, Hong & Fang, Hai & Zhao, Zhong, 2012. "Urban-Rural Disparities of Child Health and Nutritional Status in China from 1989 to 2006," IZA Discussion Papers 6528, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Pakrashi, Debayan & Saha, Sarani, 2020. "Intergenerational consequences of maternal domestic violence: Effect on nutritional status of children," GLO Discussion Paper Series 551, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Richard Mussa, 2014.
"A matching decomposition of the rural–urban difference in malnutrition in Malawi,"
Health Economics Review, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 1-10, December.
- Mussa, Richard, 2011. "A matching decomposition of the rural-urban difference in malnutrition in Malawi," MPRA Paper 31905, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Valente, Christine, 2009. "The Food (In)Security Impact of Land Redistribution in South Africa: Microeconometric Evidence from National Data," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1540-1553, September.
- Petrou, Stavros & Kupek, Emil, 2010. "Poverty and childhood undernutrition in developing countries: A multi-national cohort study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(7), pages 1366-1373, October.
- Payal Hathi & Sabrina Haque & Lovey Pant & Diane Coffey & Dean Spears, 2017.
"Place and Child Health: The Interaction of Population Density and Sanitation in Developing Countries,"
Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 54(1), pages 337-360, February.
- Hathi, Payal & Haque, Sabrina & Pant, Lovey & Coffey, Diane & Spears, Dean, 2014. "Place and child health : the interaction of population density and sanitation in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7124, The World Bank.
- Van de Poel, Ellen & O'Donnell, Owen & Van Doorslaer, Eddy, 2007. "Are urban children really healthier? Evidence from 47 developing countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1986-2003, November.
- Mesbah Fathy Sharaf & Ahmed Shoukry Rashad, 2016.
"Regional inequalities in child malnutrition in Egypt, Jordan, and Yemen: a Blinder-Oaxaca decomposition analysis,"
Health Economics Review, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 1-11, December.
- Rashad, Ahmed & Sharaf, Mesbah, 2016. "Regional Inequalities in Child Malnutrition in Egypt, Jordan, and Yemen: A Blinder-Oaxaca Decomposition Analysis," Working Papers 2016-3, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Mesbah Sharaf & Ahmed Rashad, 2017. "Regional Inequalities in Child Malnutrition in Egypt, Jordan and Yemen: A Blinder-Oaxaca Decomposition Analysis," Working Papers 1164, Economic Research Forum, revised 12 2017.
- Mesbah Sharaf & Ahmed Rashad, 2017. "Regional Inequalities in Child Malnutrition in Egypt, Jordan, and Yemen: A Blinder-Oaxaca Decomposition Analysis," Working Papers 1144, Economic Research Forum, revised 10 Dec 2017.
- Dickson Abanimi Amugsi & Zacharie T Dimbuene & Elizabeth W Kimani-Murage, 2020. "Socio-demographic factors associated with normal linear growth among pre-school children living in better-off households: A multi-country analysis of nationally representative data," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 15(3), pages 1-19, March.
- Rees, Gwyther & Tonon, Graciela & Mikkelsen, Claudia & Rodriguez de la Vega, Lía, 2017. "Urban-rural variations in children's lives and subjective well-being: A comparative analysis of four countries," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 41-51.
- Claus C. Pörtner & Yu-hsuan Su, 2018. "Differences in Child Health Across Rural, Urban, and Slum Areas: Evidence From India," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 55(1), pages 223-247, February.
- Christine Valente, 2006. "Early Land Redistribution and the Food Security of South African Households: Micro-econometric evidence from national data," Working Papers 2006009, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2006.
- Verpoorten, Marijke & Arora, Abhimanyu & Stoop, Nik & Swinnen, Johan, 2013.
"Self-reported food insecurity in Africa during the food price crisis,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 51-63.
- Marijke Verpoorten & Abhimanyu Arora & Johan F.M. Swinnen, 2012. "Self-Reported Food Insecurity in Africa During the Food Price Crisis," LICOS Discussion Papers 30312, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Arora, Abhimanyu & Swinnen, Johan F.M. & Verpoorten, Marijke, 2012. "Self-Reported Food Insecurity in Africa During the Food Price Crisis," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126897, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Blessing J Akombi & Kingsley E Agho & Andre M Renzaho & John J Hall & Dafna R Merom, 2019. "Trends in socioeconomic inequalities in child undernutrition: Evidence from Nigeria Demographic and Health Survey (2003 – 2013)," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 14(2), pages 1-13, February.
- Smith, Michael D. & Rabbitt, Matthew P. & Coleman- Jensen, Alisha, 2017. "Who are the World’s Food Insecure? New Evidence from the Food and Agriculture Organization’s Food Insecurity Experience Scale," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 402-412.
- Burchi, Francesco, 2010. "Child nutrition in Mozambique in 2003: The role of mother's schooling and nutrition knowledge," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 331-345, December.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural and Food Policy; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; Food Security and Poverty;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2015-08-01 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea15:205795. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.