Households' Adoption of Drought Tolerant Plants: An Adaptation to Climate Change?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Curtis, Kynda R. & Cowee, Margaret W., 2010. "Are Homeowners Willing to Pay for "Origin-Certified" Plants in Water-Conserving Residential Landscaping?," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 35(1), April.
- McCready, M.S. & Dukes, M.D., 2011. "Landscape irrigation scheduling efficiency and adequacy by various control technologies," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 98(4), pages 697-704, February.
- Peter Howley, 2011. "Landscape aesthetics: Assessing the general publics’ rural landscape preferences," Working Papers 1105, Rural Economy and Development Programme,Teagasc.
- Lori M. Hunter & Alison Hatch & Aaron Johnson, 2004. "Cross-National Gender Variation in Environmental Behaviors," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 85(3), pages 677-694.
- Roberts, Roland K. & English, Burton C. & Larson, James A. & Cochran, Rebecca L. & Goodman, W. Robert & Larkin, Sherry L. & Marra, Michele C. & Martin, Steven W. & Shurley, W. Donald & Reeves, Jeanne , 2004.
"Adoption of Site-Specific Information and Variable-Rate Technologies in Cotton Precision Farming,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 36(01), April.
- Roberts, Roland K. & English, Burton C. & Larson, James A. & Cochran, Rebecca L. & Goodman, W. Robert & Larkin, Sherry L. & Marra, Michele C. & Martin, Steven W. & Shurley, W. Donald & Reeves, Jeanne , 2004. "Adoption of Site-Specific Information and Variable-Rate Technologies in Cotton Precision Farming," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(01), pages 143-158, April.
- Hurd, Brian H., 2006. "Water Conservation and Residential Landscapes: Household Preferences, Household Choices," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 31(02), August.
- Howley, Peter, 2011. "Landscape aesthetics: Assessing the general publics' preferences towards rural landscapes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 161-169.
- Barry Smit & Ian Burton & Richard Klein & J. Wandel, 2000. "An Anatomy of Adaptation to Climate Change and Variability," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 223-251, April.
- Alam, Khorshed, 2015. "Farmers’ adaptation to water scarcity in drought-prone environments: A case study of Rajshahi District, Bangladesh," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 196-206.
- J. Arbuckle & Lois Morton & Jon Hobbs, 2013. "Farmer beliefs and concerns about climate change and attitudes toward adaptation and mitigation: Evidence from Iowa," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 118(3), pages 551-563, June.
- Alauddin, Mohammad & Sarker, Md Abdur Rashid, 2014. "Climate change and farm-level adaptation decisions and strategies in drought-prone and groundwater-depleted areas of Bangladesh: an empirical investigation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 204-213.
More about this item
KeywordsAdaptation; adoption; climate change; drought tolerant plants; gardening; residential water conservation; Consumer/Household Economics; Environmental Economics and Policy; C25; D12; Q25; Q54;
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea15:205544. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.