Considering Stakeholders when Implementing New Technologies
Integrating the concerns of stakeholders into the decision process can be particularly important when adopting a new technology. Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) offers many potential benefits to the healthcare industry. However, hospital administrators who are examining this technology may not be considering the concerns of some secondary stakeholders (e.g, patients). A consumer survey found that support for two RFID applications in hospitals varied both across respondents and across applications. Privacy attitudes and behaviors were linked with RFID support levels. Increased two-way communications between healthcare management and both primary and secondary stakeholders may help improve the technology adoption decisions.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Riccardo Mogre & Rajit Gadh & Arunabh Chattopadhyay, 2009. "Using Survey Data to Design a RFID Centric Service System for Hospitals," Service Science, INFORMS, vol. 1(3), pages 189-206, September.
- Amelia S. Carr & Man Zhang & Inge Klopping & Hokey Min, 2010. "RFID Technology: Implications for Healthcare Organizations," American Journal of Business, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 25(2), pages 25-40.
- Tzeng, Shiou-Fen & Chen, Wun-Hwa & Pai, Fan-Yun, 2008. "Evaluating the business value of RFID: Evidence from five case studies," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 112(2), pages 601-613, April.
- Scott Vitell, 2009. "The Role of Religiosity in Business and Consumer Ethics: A Review of the Literature," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 90(2), pages 155-167, November.
- Larson, Ronald B. & Rana, Kulmani, 2011. "Consumer Support for Food Tracing with RFID Technology," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103672, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea13:150975. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.