Environmental Regulation And The Optimal Location Of The Firm Under Uncertainty
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Atanu Saha & C. Richard Shumway & Hovav Talpaz, 1994. "Joint Estimation of Risk Preference Structure and Technology Using Expo-Power Utility," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(2), pages 173-184.
- Murat Isik, 2002. "Resource Management under Production and Output Price Uncertainty: Implications for Environmental Policy," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(3), pages 557-571.
- Katz, Eliakim, 1984. "The optimal location of the competitive firm under price uncertainty," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 65-75, July.
- Bar-Shira, Ziv & Just, Richard E. & Zilberman, D., 1997.
"Estimation of farmers' risk attitude: an econometric approach,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 17(2-3), December.
- Bar-Shira, Z. & Just, R. E. & Zilberman, D., 1997. "Estimation of farmers' risk attitude: an econometric approach," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 17(2-3), pages 211-222, December.
- Bar-Shira, Z. & Just, Richard E. & Zilberman, David, 1994. "Estimation of Farmers' Risk Attitude: An Econometric Approach," Working Papers 197812, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Murat Isik & Madhu Khanna, 2003.
"Stochastic Technology, Risk Preferences, and Adoption of Site-Specific Technologies,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(2), pages 305-317.
- Isik, Murat & Khanna, Madhu, 2002. "Stochastic Technology, Risk Preferences And Adoption Of Site-Specific Technologies," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19858, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Diamond, Peter A. & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1974. "Increases in risk and in risk aversion," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 337-360, July.
- Markusen, James R., 1997.
"Costly pollution abatement, competitiveness and plant location decisions,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 299-320, November.
- Markusen, James R., 1995. "Costly pollution abatement, competitiveness, and plant location decisions," Discussion Papers, Series II 260, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
- James R. Markusen, 1996. "Costly Pollution Abatement, Competitiveness, and Plant Location Decisions," NBER Working Papers 5490, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Batra, Raveendra N & Ullah, Aman, 1974. "Competitive Firm and the Theory of Input Demand under Price Uncertainty," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(3), pages 537-548, May/June.
- Martinich, Joseph S. & Hurter, Arthur Jr., 1982. "Price uncertainty and the optimal production-location decision," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 509-528, November.
- Briys, Eric & Eeckhoudt, Louis, 1985. "Relative Risk Aversion in Comparative Statics: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 281-283, March.
- Timothy J. Bartik, 2002. "The Effects of Environmental Regulation on Business Location in the United States," Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers,in: Wayne B. Gray (ed.), Economic Costs and Consequences of Environmental Regulation, pages 129-151 W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Mathur, Vijay K., 1983. "Location theory of the firm under price uncertainty," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 411-428, August.
- Murat Isik, 2004. "Incentives for Technology Adoption Under Environmental Policy Uncertainty: Implications for Green Payment Programs," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 27(3), pages 247-263, March.
- Hoel, Michael, 1997. " Environmental Policy with Endogenous Plant Locations," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 99(2), pages 241-259, June.
- Motta, Massimo & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1994. "Does environmental dumping lead to delocation?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 563-576, April.
- Douglas M. Larson & Gloria E. Helfand & Brett W. House, 1996. "Second-Best Tax Policies to Reduce Nonpoint Source Pollution," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(4), pages 1108-1117.
- Bommer, Rolf, 1999. "Environmental Policy and Industrial Competitiveness: The Pollution-Haven Hypothesis Reconsidered," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(2), pages 342-355, May.
- Song-ken Hsu & Lin-ti Tan, 2001. "Production location choice and risk aversion," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 35(2), pages 239-248.
- Tim Jeppesen & John A. List & Henk Folmer, 2002.
"Environmental Regulations and New Plant Location Decisions: Evidence from a Meta-Analysis,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(1), pages 19-49.
- Henk Folmer & Tim Jeppesen & John List, 2002. "Environmental Regulations and New Plant Location Decisions: Evidence from a Meta-Analysis," Natural Field Experiments 00511, The Field Experiments Website.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "Increasing risk: I. A definition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-243, September.
More about this item
Keywordsrisk aversion; uncertainty; regulation; market-based policies.; Environmental Economics and Policy; Risk and Uncertainty; D81; R38; Q28.;
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- R38 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Government Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea03:22066. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.