Report NEP-TRA-2009-07-03This is the archive for NEP-TRA, a report on new working papers in the area of Transition Economics. J. David Brown issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
Subscribe to this report: email or RSS.
Other reports in NEP-TRA
The following items were announced in this report:
- Gorodnichenko, Yuriy & Peter, Klara Sabirianova & Stolyarov, Dmitriy, 2009. "Inequality and Volatility Moderation in Russia: Evidence from Micro-Level Panel Data on Consumption and Income," IZA Discussion Papers 4233, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Rozelle, Scott & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2009. "Political Economy of Agricultural Distortions in Transition Countries of Asia and Europe," Agricultural Distortions Working Paper Series 50298, World Bank.
- Stavarek, Daniel & Dohnal, Marek, 2009. "Exchange Market Pressure in Central Europe: An Application of the Girton-Roper Model," MPRA Paper 15744, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bezemer, Dirk J, 2009. "Disaggregated Credit Flows and Growth in Central Europe," MPRA Paper 15896, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dimitris Papadimitriou & Eli Gateva, 2009. "Between Enlargement-led Europeanisation and Balkan Exceptionalism: an appraisal of Bulgaria’s and Romania’s entry into the European Union," GreeSE – Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe 25, Hellenic Observatory, LSE.
- Hengyun Ma & Les Oxley & John Gibson, 2009. "China’s Energy Situation and Its Implications in the New Millennium," Working Papers 09_04, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Curak, Marijana & Poposki, Klime & Ecim, Tanja, 2009. "Development And Efficiency Of Banking And Economic Growth In Central And Eastern Europe," Papers 2009/32, Osterreichish-Rumanischer Akademischer Verein.
- Shang-Jin Wei & Xiaobo Zhang, 2009. "The Competitive Saving Motive: Evidence from Rising Sex Ratios and Savings Rates in China," NBER Working Papers 15093, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ronald Jean Degen, 2009. "Opportunity for luxury brands in China," Working Papers 31, globADVANTAGE, Polytechnic Institute of Leiria.
- Rovelli, Riccardo & Zaiceva, Anzelika, 2009. "Transition Fatigue? Cross-Country Evidence from Micro Data," IZA Discussion Papers 4224, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Jan Hanousek & Evzen Kocenda, 2009. "Intraday Price Discovery in Emerging European Stock Markets," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp382, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Chen, Yuanyuan & Feng, Shuaizhang, 2009. "Parental Education and Wages: Evidence from China," IZA Discussion Papers 4218, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Ari Van Assche & Alyson C. Ma, 2009. "When China Sneezes, Asia Catches a Cold: the Effects of China's Export Decline in the Realm of the Global Economic Crisis," CIRANO For discussion... 2009dt-01, CIRANO.
- Hengyun Ma & Les Oxley & John Gibson, 2009. "Testing for Energy Market Integration in China," Working Papers 09_03, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Gavin C. Reid & Zhibin Xu, 2009. "Entrepreneurial Orientation, Intangible Assets and Firm Growth: the impact of ‘Spirit and Material’ on the growth of Chinese private firms," CRIEFF Discussion Papers 0907, Centre for Research into Industry, Enterprise, Finance and the Firm.
- Maurer-Fazio, Margaret & Connelly, Rachel & Lan, Chen & Tang, Lixin, 2009. "Childcare, Eldercare, and Labor Force Participation of Married Women in Urban China: 1982 - 2000," IZA Discussion Papers 4204, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Yang Ni & Shasha Guo & David E. Giles, 2009. "Capital Structures in an Emerging Market: A Duration Analysis of the Time Interval Between IPO and SEO in China," Econometrics Working Papers 0905, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Chi, Wei & Qian, Xiaoye, 2009. "The role of education in regional innovation activities and economic growth: spatial evidence from China," MPRA Paper 15779, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sunnee Billingsley, 2009. "Downward mobility, unemployment and mortality," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2009-015, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Jan Fidrmuc & Ariane Tichit, 2009. "Mind the Break! Accounting for Changing Patterns of Growth during Transition," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 09-02, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Nataliia Levchuk, 2009. "Alcohol and mortality in Ukraine," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2009-017, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Kahanec, Martin & Zaiceva, Anzelika & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2009. "Lessons from Migration after EU Enlargement," IZA Discussion Papers 4230, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Anderson, Kym & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2009. "Distortions to Agricultural Incentives in Eastern Europe and Central Asia," Agricultural Distortions Working Paper Series 48624, World Bank.
- Popescu, Nicolae Iulian, 2009. "The role of university in the harmonization education with labor market demand," Papers 2009/34, Osterreichish-Rumanischer Akademischer Verein.
- O'Higgins, Niall, 2009. ""It's not that I'm a racist, it's that they are Roma": Roma Discrimination and Returns to Education in South Eastern Europe," IZA Discussion Papers 4208, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Craciunas, Diana, 2009. "The impact of Romanian adhesion to European Union on exterior trade," Papers 2009/48, Osterreichish-Rumanischer Akademischer Verein.
- Maria A. Shkolnikova & Svetlana A. Shalnova & Vladimir M. Shkolnikov & Victoria A. Metelskaya & Alexander D. Deev & Evgeny M. Andreev & Dmitri A. Jdanov & James W. Vaupel, 2009. "Biological mechanisms of disease and death in Moscow: rationale and design of the survey on Stress Aging and Health in Russia (SAHR)," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2009-016, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Mariapia Mendola & Gero Carletto, 2009. "International Migration and Gender Differentials in the Home Labor Market: Evidence from Albania," Development Working Papers 272, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Peter, Klara Sabirianova, 2009. "Income Tax Flattening: Does It Help to Reduce the Shadow Economy?," IZA Discussion Papers 4223, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).