The Simultaneous Effects of Obesity, Insurance Choice, and Medical Visit Choice on Healthcare Costs
In: Measuring and Modeling Health Care Costs
No abstract is available for this item.
|This chapter was published in: |
|This item is provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Chapters with number 13118.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jay Bhattacharya & Neeraj Sood, 2011. "Who Pays for Obesity?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 25(1), pages 139-58, Winter.
- John Cawley & Chad Meyerhoefer, 2010.
"The Medical Care Costs of Obesity: An Instrumental Variables Approach,"
NBER Working Papers
16467, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cawley, John & Meyerhoefer, Chad, 2012. "The medical care costs of obesity: An instrumental variables approach," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 219-230.
- Christopher J. Ruhm, 2010.
"Understanding Overeating and Obesity,"
NBER Working Papers
16149, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Davide Dragone & Luca Savorelli, 2010.
"Thinness and Obesity: A Model of Food Consumption, Health Concerns, and Social Pressure,"
STICERD - Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers Series
017, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Dragone, Davide & Savorelli, Luca, 2012. "Thinness and obesity: A model of food consumption, health concerns, and social pressure," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 243-256.
- Jay Bhattacharya & Neeraj Sood, 2005. "Health Insurance and the Obesity Externality," NBER Working Papers 11529, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ralph Bradley, 2005. "A Semi-Parametric Model for Asymmetric Information in Health Plan Markets," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 43(4), pages 812-822, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:13118. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.