Splitting Tax Refunds and Building Savings: An Empirical Test
In: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 20
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- R. Glenn Hubbard & Jonathan S. Skinner, 1996. "Assessing the Effectiveness of Saving Incentives," Books, American Enterprise Institute, number 53540.
- R. Glenn Hubbard & Jonathan S. Skinner, 1996. "Assessing the Effectiveness of Saving Incentives," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(4), pages 73-90, Fall.
- Nava Ashraf & Dean Karlan & Wesley Yin, 2006.
"Tying Odysseus to the Mast: Evidence From a Commitment Savings Product in the Philippines,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 121(2), pages 635-672.
- Nava Ashraf & Dean S. Karlan & Wesley Yin, 2005. "Tying Odysseus to the Mast: Evidence from a Commitment Savings Product in the Philippines," Working Papers 917, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Nava Ashaf & Dean Karlan & Wesley Yin, 2006. "Tying odysseus to the mast: Evidence from a commitment savings product in the philippines," Natural Field Experiments 00206, The Field Experiments Website.
- Barrow, Lisa & McGranahan, Leslie, 2000. "The Effects of the Earned Income Credit on the Seasonality of Household Expenditures," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 53(4), pages 1211-1244, December.
- Ana M. Aizcorbe & Arthur B. Kennickell & Kevin B. Moore, 2003. "Recent changes in U.S. family finances: evidence from the 1998 and 2001 Survey of Consumer Finances," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Jan, pages 1-32.
- Sondra Beverly & Amanda Moore & Mark Schreiner, 2001. "A Framework of Asset-Accumulation Stages and Strategies," Development and Comp Systems 0109004, EconWPA.
- Barrow, Lisa & McGranahan, Leslie, 2000. "The Effects of the Earned Income Credit on the Seasonality of Household Expenditures," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 53(n. 4), pages 1211-44, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Campbell, Dennis & Asís Martínez-Jerez, F. & Tufano, Peter, 2012. "Bouncing out of the banking system: An empirical analysis of involuntary bank account closures," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 1224-1235.
- Sherraden, Margaret & Peters, Clark & Wagner, Kristen & Guo, Baorong & Clancy, Margaret, 2013. "Contributions of qualitative research to understanding savings for children and youth," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 66-77.
- Congdon, William J. & Kling, Jeffrey R. & Mullainathan, Sendhil, 2009. "Behavioral Economics and Tax Policy," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 62(3), pages 375-386, September.
- C. Fritz Foley, 2008. "Welfare Payments and Crime," NBER Working Papers 14074, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carol Osler & Thang Nguyen & Tanseli Savaser, 2011.
"Asymmetric Information and the Foreign-Exchange Trades of Global Custody Banks,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
2011-09, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Carol Osler & Tanseli Savaser & Thang Tan Nguyen, 2012. "Asymetric Information and the Foreign-Exchange Trades of Global Custody Banks," Working Papers 55, Brandeis University, Department of Economics and International Businesss School.
- Tucker, Jenna N. & Key, Clinton C. & Grinstein-Weiss, Michal, 2014. "The benefits of saving at tax time: Evidence from the $aveNYC evaluation," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 50-61.
- Clinton Key & Jenna N. Tucker & Michal Grinstein-Weiss & Krista Comer, 2015. "Tax-Time Savings among Low-Income Households in the $aveNYC Program," Journal of Consumer Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(3), pages 489-518, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:0068. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .