Measurement of Effectiveness, Efficiency and Quality in Public Sector Services: Interventionist Empirical Investigations
This study aims to catch the nature of the discourse of effectiveness, efficiency and quality in the wider context of prevailing ideas about the role of government in the promotion of welfare services, and the bases on which public service organisations can achieve effectiveness and efficiency in delivering services and outcomes of high quality. The study offers three descriptions of efforts for developing the measurement systems in the public sector organizations.
|This chapter was published in: Heli Hookana , , pages 491-510, 2011.|
|This item is provided by University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper in its series MIC 2011: Managing Sustainability? Proceedings of the 12th International Conference, Portorož, 23–26 November 2011 [Selected Papers] with number 491-510.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Cankarjeva 5, SI-6104 Koper, PO BOX 345|
Phone: 05 610 20 00
Fax: 05 610 20 15
Web page: http://www.fm-kp.si/zalozba/ISBN/978-961-266-113-7.htm
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ezzamel, Mahmoud & Bourn, Michael, 1990. "The roles of accounting information systems in an organization experiencing financial crisis," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 399-424.
- Hopper, Trevor M., 1980. "Role conflicts of management accountants and their position within organisation structures," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 401-411, October.
- Asmild, Mette & Paradi, Joseph C. & Reese, David N. & Tam, Fai, 2007. "Measuring overall efficiency and effectiveness using DEA," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 178(1), pages 305-321, April.
- Heli Hookana, 2008. "Organisational Culture and the Adoption of New Public-Management Practices," Management, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 3(4), pages 309-327.
- Sinclair, Amanda, 1995. "The chameleon of accountability: Forms and discourses," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 20(2-3), pages 219-237.
- Sunil Kumar, 2010. "Measuring efficiency, effectiveness and performance of Indian public sector banks," International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 59(1), pages 51-74, February.
- Mouzas, Stefanos, 2006. "Efficiency versus effectiveness in business networks," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(10-11), pages 1124-1132, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mgt:micp11:491-510. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alen Jezovnik)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.