Sámi reindeer herders in Finland: pulled to community-based entrepreneurship and pushed to individualistic firms
In: Entrepreneurship, Social Capital and Governance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Roger Spear, 2006. "Social entrepreneurship: a different model?," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 33(5/6), pages 339-410, May.
- Leo-Paul Dana, 1995. "Entrepreneurship in a Remote Sub-Arctic Community," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 20(1), pages 57-72, October.
- Bull, Ivan & Winter, Frederick, 1991. "Community differences in business births and business growths," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 29-43, January.
- Jan Åge Riseth & Arild Vatn, 2009. "Modernization and Pasture Degradation: A Comparative Study of Two Sámi Reindeer Pasture Regions in Norway," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 85(1), pages 87-106.
- Charlie Karlsson & Börje Johansson & Roger R. Stough (ed.), 2012. "Entrepreneurship, Social Capital and Governance," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14810.
- Chris Steyaert, 2007. "‘Entrepreneuring’ as a conceptual attractor? A review of process theories in 20 years of entrepreneurship studies," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(6), pages 453-477.
- Léo-Paul Dana & Robert B. Anderson (ed.), 2007. "International Handbook of Research on Indigenous Entrepreneurship," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3449.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Leo Dana & Jan Age Riseth, 2011. "Reindeer Herders in Finland: Pulled to Community-based Entrepreneurship & Pushed to Individualistic Firms'," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1448, European Regional Science Association.
- Léo-Paul Dana & Ivan Light, 2011. "Two forms of community entrepreneurship in Finland: Are there differences between Finnish and Sámi reindeer husbandry entrepreneurs?," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(5-6), pages 331-352, June.
- Léo-Paul Dana & Vanessa Ratten, 2017. "International entrepreneurship in resource-rich landlocked African countries," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 416-435, December.
- Barinova Vera, 2018. "Foreign experience in socially responsible business and feasibility of its implementation in Russia," Research Paper Series, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, issue 174P, pages 100-100.
- Helen M. Haugh & Alka Talwar, 2016. "Linking Social Entrepreneurship and Social Change: The Mediating Role of Empowerment," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 133(4), pages 643-658, February.
- Kuebart, Andreas & Ibert, Oliver, 2019. "Beyond territorial conceptions of entrepreneurial ecosystems: The dynamic spatiality of knowledge brokering in seed accelerators," EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 118-133.
- Peter L. Stenberg & Mitchell Morehart, 2012. "The existence of pent-up demand for rural broadband services: an exploration," Chapters, in: Charlie Karlsson & Börje Johansson & Roger R. Stough (ed.), Entrepreneurship, Social Capital and Governance, chapter 9, pages 221-240, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Mikaela Backman & Charlie Karlsson, 2016.
"Determinants of self-employment among commuters and non-commuters,"
Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(4), pages 755-774, November.
- Backman, Mikaela & Karlsson, Charlie, 2014. "Determinants of self-employment among commuters and non-commuters," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 365, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Daniel Fackler & Lisa Hölscher & Claus Schnabel & Antje Weyh, 2022.
"Does working at a start-up pay off?,"
Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 58(4), pages 2211-2233, April.
- Fackler, Daniel & Hölscher, Lisa & Schnabel, Claus & Weyh, Antje, 2020. "Does working at a start-up pay off?," Discussion Papers 112, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Labour and Regional Economics.
- Fackler, Daniel & Hölscher, Lisa & Schnabel, Claus & Weyh, Antje, 2020. "Does Working at a Start-Up Pay Off?," IZA Discussion Papers 13033, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Fackler, Daniel & Hölscher, Lisa & Schnabel, Claus & Weyh, Antje, 2020. "Does working at a start-up pay off?," FAU Discussion Papers in Economics 03/2020, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Institute for Economics.
- Robin Stevens & Nathalie Moray & Johan Bruneel, 2015. "The Social and Economic Mission of Social Enterprises: Dimensions, Measurement, Validation, and Relation," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 39(5), pages 1051-1082, September.
- Erik Lundmark & Anna Krzeminska & Dean A. Shepherd, 2019. "Images of Entrepreneurship: Exploring Root Metaphors and Expanding Upon Them," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 43(1), pages 138-170, January.
- Maria Tunberg & Alistair R. Anderson, 2020. "Growing a small firm; experiences and managing difficult processes," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 1445-1463, December.
- Baycan Levent, Tuzin & Masurel, Enno & Nijkamp, Peter, 2002. "Entrepreneurial process and performance: the case of the Turkish female entrepreneurs in Amsterdam," ERSA conference papers ersa02p397, European Regional Science Association.
- Wim Naudé, 2007.
"Peace, Prosperity, and Pro-Growth Entrepreneurship,"
WIDER Working Paper Series
DP2007-02, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Wim NaudÃ©, 2010. "Peace, Prosperity, and Pro-Growth Entrepreneurship," Working Papers id:3001, eSocialSciences.
- Magnus Hoppe, 2016. "Policy and entrepreneurship education," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 13-29, January.
- Kingsley E. Haynes & Haifeng Qian & Sidney C. Turner, 2012. "The location of business support programs: does the knowledge context matter?," Chapters, in: Charlie Karlsson & Börje Johansson & Roger R. Stough (ed.), Entrepreneurship, Social Capital and Governance, chapter 13, pages 302-324, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Daniel Hjorth & Bengt Johannisson, 2008. "Building new roads for entrepreneurship research to travel by: on the work of William B. Gartner," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 341-350, December.
- Olufemi Muibi Omisakin, 2017. "Economic Contributions and Challenges of Immigrant Entrepreneurs to Their Host Country ¨C Case of African Immigrants in Auckland, New Zealand," Journal of Business Administration Research, Journal of Business Administration Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 6(1), pages 25-38, April.
- Belso Martínez, J.A., 2004. "Una aproximación inicial al papel del mercado de trabajo, la inmigración y la conflictividad socio-laboral como factores explicativos de la creación de empresas./An Initial Approach to the Role of Lab," Estudios de Economia Aplicada, Estudios de Economia Aplicada, vol. 22, pages 67-82, Abril.
- Steffen Korsgaard, 2011. "Opportunity formation in social entrepreneurship," Journal of Enterprising Communities: People and Places in the Global Economy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 5(2), pages 265-285, September.
More about this item
KeywordsBusiness and Management; Economics and Finance; Urban and Regional Studies;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:elg:eechap:14810_15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.e-elgar.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Darrel McCalla (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.e-elgar.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.