William W. Sharkey
|[This author has chosen not to make the email address public]|
Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Washington, District of Columbia (United States)
Government of the United States
: 888-CALL-FCC (225-5322)
445 12th Street SW, Washington, DC 20554
RePEc:edi:fccgvus (more details at EDIRC)
Research outputJump to: Working papers Articles Books
- D. Mark Kennet, W. W. Sharkey, 2001. "Calculating the Long-run Incremental Cost of Interconnection Using a Network Cost Simulation Model," Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 9, Society for Computational Economics.
- Sharkey, W.W., 1993. "A Characterization of Some Aspiration Solutions with an Application to Spatial Games," Papers 95, Bell Communications - Economic Research Group.
- McLean, R.P. & Sharkey, W.W., 1992. "An Approach to the Pricing of Broadband Telecommunications Services," Papers 86, Bell Communications - Economic Research Group.
- Goodman, M. & Lu, K. & Sharkey, W. & Srinagesh, P. & Stolleman, N., 1992. "Telephone Company Entry Into Cable Television: A Re-Evaluation," Papers 96, Bell Communications - Economic Research Group.
- McLean, R. & Sharkey, W.W., 1992. "Alternative Mothods for Cost Allocation in Stochastic Service Systems," Papers 81, Bell Communications - Economic Research Group.
- Sharkey, W.W., 1991. "Network Models in Economics," Papers 69, Bell Communications - Economic Research Group.
- Jonathan Baker & Mark Bykowsky & Patrick DeGraba & Paul LaFontaine & Eric Ralph & William Sharkey, 2011. "The Year in Economics at the FCC, 2010–11: Protecting Competition Online," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 39(4), pages 297-309, December.
- Bykowsky, Mark M. & Olson, Mark & Sharkey, William W., 2010. "Efficiency gains from using a market approach to spectrum management," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 73-90, March.
- Mark Bykowsky & Jonathan Levy & William Sharkey & Tracy Waldon & Simon Wilkie, 2003. "Economic Analysis at the Federal Communications Commission," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 23(2), pages 157-174, September.
- Mandy David M. & Sharkey William W., 2003. "Dynamic Pricing and Investment from Static Proxy Models," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 2(4), pages 1-37, December.
- Gasmi, F. & Laffont, J. J. & Sharkey, W. W., 2002.
"The natural monopoly test reconsidered: an engineering process-based approach to empirical analysis in telecommunications,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 435-459, April.
- Gasmi, Farid & Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Sharkey, William W., 1999. "The Natural Monopoly Test Reconsidered: An Engineering Process-Based Approach to Empirical Analysis in Telecommunications," IDEI Working Papers 91, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Farid Gasmi & Michel Moreaux & William Sharkey, 2000. "Strategic nonlinear pricing," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 71(2), pages 109-131, June.
- Gasmi, F. & Laffont, J. J. & Sharkey, W. W., 2000.
"Competition, universal service and telecommunications policy in developing countries,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 221-248, September.
- Gasmi, Farid & Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Sharkey, William W., 1999. "Competition, Universal Service and Telecommunications Policy in Developing Countries," IDEI Working Papers 92, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- F. Gasmi & J. J. Laffont & W. W. Sharkey, 1999. "Empirical Evaluation of Regulatory Regimes in Local Telecommunications Markets," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 61-93, March.
- William W. Sharkey & Richard P. McLean, 1998. "Weighted Aumann-Shapley pricing," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 27(4), pages 511-523.
- Gasmi, F & Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Sharkey, W W, 1997. "Incentive Regulation and the Cost Structure of the Local Telephone Exchange Network," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 5-25, July.
- Sharkey, William W. & Sibley, David S., 1993. "Optimal non-linear pricing with regulatory preference over customer type," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 197-229, February.
- Sharkey, William W. & Sibley, David S., 1993. "A Bertrand model of pricing and entry," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 199-206.
- Sharkey, William W, 1990. "Cores of Games with Fixed Costs and Shared Facilities," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 31(2), pages 245-262, May.
- Greenwald, Bruce C & Sharkey, William W, 1989. "The Economics of Deregulation of Local Exchange Telecommunications," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 319-339, December.
- Sharkey, William W., 1989. "Game theoretic modeling of increasing returns to scale," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 370-431, December.
- W.W. Sharkey, 1982. "Suggestions for a Game-Theoretic Approach to Public Utility Pricing and Cost Allocation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(1), pages 57-68, Spring.
- William W. Sharkey, 1981. "Existence of Sustainable Prices for Natural Monopoly Outputs," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(1), pages 144-154, Spring.
- Sharkey, W W, 1979. "A Decentralized Method for Utility Regulation: A Comment," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(2), pages 405-407, October.
- Sharkey, W W, 1979. "Existence of a Core When There Are Increasing Returns," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(4), pages 869-876, July.
- Sharkey, William W. & Telser, Lester G., 1978. "Supportable cost functions for the multiproduct firm," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 23-37, June.
- Sharkey, W. W., 1977. "Efficient production when demand is uncertain," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 369-384, December.
More informationResearch fields, statistics, top rankings, if available.
Access and download statistics for all items
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. For general information on how to correct material on RePEc, see these instructions.
To update listings or check citations waiting for approval, William W. Sharkey should log into the RePEc Author Service.
To make corrections to the bibliographic information of a particular item, find the technical contact on the abstract page of that item. There, details are also given on how to add or correct references and citations.
To link different versions of the same work, where versions have a different title, use this form. Note that if the versions have a very similar title and are in the author's profile, the links will usually be created automatically.
Please note that most corrections can take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.