Mark H. Showalter
Department of Economics Provo, Utah (United States)
Brigham Young University
: (801) 422-2859
130 Faculty Office Building, P.O. Box 22363, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah 84602
RePEc:edi:debyuus (more details at EDIRC)
Research outputJump to: Working papers Articles
- Mark Showalter & James Cardon, 2004. "The effect of direct-to-consumer pharmaceutical advertising on health choices: an empirical investigation using panel data," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 550, Econometric Society.
- Ann F. Friedlaender & Ernst R. Berndt & Judy Shaw-Er Wang Chiang & Mark Showalter & Christopher A. Vellturo, 1991. "Rail Costs and Capital Adjustments in a Quasi-Regulated Environment," NBER Working Papers 3841, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Berndt, Ernst R. & Showalter, Mark H. & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 1990. "A theoretical and empirical investigation of the Box-Cox model and a nonlinear least squares alternative," Working papers 3187-90., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Eide, Eric R. & Showalter, Mark H. & Goldhaber, Dan D., 2010. "The relation between children's health and academic achievement," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 231-238, February.
- Eric Helland & Mark H. Showalter, 2009. "The Impact of Liability on the Physician Labor Market," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(4), pages 635-663, November.
- Kowalski Amanda E. & Congdon William J. & Showalter Mark H., 2008. "State Health Insurance Regulations and the Price of High-Deductible Policies," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 11(2), pages 1-26, November.
- Cardon, James H. & Showalter, Mark H., 2007. "Insurance choice and tax-preferred health savings accounts," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 373-399, March.
- Eric R. Eide & Mark H. Showalter, 2005. "Does Improving School Quality Reduce The Probability Of Unemployment?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 23(4), pages 578-584, October.
- Eric R. Eide & Dan D. Goldhaber & Mark H. Showalter, 2004. "Does Catholic High School Attendance Lead to Attendance at a More Selective College?-super-," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1335-1352.
- James H. Cardon & Mark H. Showalter, 2003. "Flexible Spending Accounts as Insurance," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 70(1), pages 43-51.
- Eric R. Eide & Mark H. Showalter & David P. Sims, 2002. "The Effects Of Secondary School Quality On The Distribution Of Earnings," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 20(2), pages 160-170, April.
- Cardon, James H. & Showalter, Mark H., 2001. "An examination of flexible spending accounts," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 935-954, November.
- Eide, Eric R. & Showalter, Mark H., 2001. "The effect of grade retention on educational and labor market outcomes," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 563-576, December.
- Eric R. Eide & Mark H. Showalter, 2000. "A note on the rate of intergenerational convergence of earnings," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 13(1), pages 159-162.
- Eric R. Eide & Mark H. Showalter, 1999. "Factors Affecting the Transmission of Earnings across Generations: A Quantile Regression Approach," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 34(2), pages 253-267.
- Showalter, Mark H., 1999. "Firm behavior in a market with addiction: the case of cigarettes," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 409-427, August.
- Eide, Eric & Showalter, Mark H., 1998. "The effect of school quality on student performance: A quantile regression approach," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 345-350, March.
- Mark H. Showalter, 1997. "Physicians' Cost Shifting Behavior: Medicaid Versus Other Patients," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 15(2), pages 74-84, April.
- Showalter, Mark H. & Thurston, Norman K., 1997. "Taxes and labor supply of high-income physicians," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 73-97, October.
- Showalter, Mark H, 1994. "A Monte Carlo Investigation of the Box-Cox Model and a Nonlinear Least Squares Alternative," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(3), pages 560-570, August.
More informationResearch fields, statistics, top rankings, if available.
Access and download statistics for all items
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. For general information on how to correct material on RePEc, see these instructions.
To update listings or check citations waiting for approval, Mark H. Showalter should log into the RePEc Author Service.
To make corrections to the bibliographic information of a particular item, find the technical contact on the abstract page of that item. There, details are also given on how to add or correct references and citations.
To link different versions of the same work, where versions have a different title, use this form. Note that if the versions have a very similar title and are in the author's profile, the links will usually be created automatically.
Please note that most corrections can take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.