Understanding Growth and Poverty : Theory, Policy, and Empirics
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Levine, Ross & Renelt, David, 1992.
"A Sensitivity Analysis of Cross-Country Growth Regressions,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 942-963, September.
- Levine, Ross & Renelt, David, 1991. "A sensitivity analysis of cross-country growth regressions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 609, The World Bank.
- Hartwick, John M, 1977.
"Intergenerational Equity and the Investing of Rents from Exhaustible Resources,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(5), pages 972-974, December.
- John Hartwick, 1976. "Intergenerational Equity and the Investing of Rents from Exhaustible Resources," Working Paper 220, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1993. "The role of macroeconomic factors in growth," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 485-512, December.
- Mendelsohn, Robert & Dinar, Ariel & Williams, Larry, 2006. "The distributional impact of climate change on rich and poor countries," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(2), pages 159-178, April.
- Melissa Dell & Benjamin F. Jones & Benjamin A. Olken, 2008. "Climate Change and Economic Growth: Evidence from the Last Half Century," NBER Working Papers 14132, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Solow, Robert M, 1986. " On the Intergenerational Allocation of Natural Resources," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(1), pages 141-149.
- Horowitz, John, 2001. "The Income-Temperature Relationship in a Cross-Section of Countries and Its Implications for Global Warming," Working Papers 197598, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Srdjana Dragomirovic, 2012. "Competitive analysis of economic development of Serbia and EU depending on the possibility of using strategy Europe: 2020 in Serbia," Review of Applied Socio-Economic Research, Pro Global Science Association, vol. 4(2), pages 79-86, Decembre.
- Juliane Erbach, 2014. "The decency of womenâ€™s working conditions in peri-urban dairy buffalo production systems in the District Faisalabad, Punjab, Pakistan," ICDD Working Papers 10, University of Kassel, Fachbereich Gesellschaftswissenschaften (Social Sciences), Internatioanl Center for Development and Decent Work (ICDD).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Valeria Costantini & Anil Markandya & Elena Paglialunga & Giorgia Sforna, 2018.
"Impact and distribution of climatic damages: a methodological proposal with a dynamic CGE model applied to global climate negotiations,"
Economia Politica: Journal of Analytical and Institutional Economics, Springer;Fondazione Edison, vol. 35(3), pages 809-843, December.
- Valeria Costantini & Giorgia Sforna & Anil Markandya & Elena Paglialunga, 2017. "Impact And Distribution Of Climatic Damages: A Methodological Proposal With A Dynamic Cge Model Applied To Global Climate Negotiations," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0226, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Alejandro Lopez-Feldman, 2013. "Climate change, agriculture, and poverty: A household level analysis for rural Mexico," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(2), pages 1126-1139.
- Baharumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi & Slesman, Ly & Wohar, Mark E., 2016. "Inflation, inflation uncertainty, and economic growth in emerging and developing countries: Panel data evidence," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 638-657.
- Cabeza Gutes, Maite, 1996. "The concept of weak sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 147-156, June.
- Uwaoma G. Nwaogu & Michael J. Ryan, 2015. "FDI, Foreign Aid, Remittance and Economic Growth in Developing Countries," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(1), pages 100-115, February.
- Martinez-Vazquez, Jorge & McNab, Robert M., 2003.
"Fiscal Decentralization and Economic Growth,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 1597-1616, September.
- Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & Robert McNab, 2001. "Fiscal Decentralization and Economic Growth," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0101, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Eleanor Doyle & Inmaculada Martínez-Zarzoso, 2006. "Relating Productivity and Trade 1980-2000: A Chicken and Egg Analysis," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 147, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Bitros, G.C. & Panas, E.J., 1999.
"Another Look at the Inflation-Productivity Trade-Off,"
DEOS Working Papers
114, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Georgios Bitros & Epaminondas Panas, 2005. "Another look at the inflation-productivity trade-off," Macroeconomics 0506001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bitros, G.C. & Panas, E.J., 1999. "Another Look at the Inflation-Productivity Trade-Off," Athens University of Economics and Business 114, Athens University of Economics and Business, Department of International and European Economic Studies.
- Rodrigo Suescún M., 1995.
"Growth, Welfare Costs and Aggregate Fluctuations in Economies with Monetary Taxation,"
Borradores de Economia
036, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Rodrigo Suescún, 1995. "Growth, Welfare Costs And Aggregate Fluctuations In Economies With Monetary Taxation," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002775, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Rodrigo Suescún, 1995. "Growth Welfare Costs And Aggregate Fluctuations In Economies With Monetary Taxation," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002774, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- van der Ploeg, Frederick, 2010.
"Why do many resource-rich countries have negative genuine saving?: Anticipation of better times or rapacious rent seeking,"
Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 28-44, January.
- Rick Van der Ploeg, 2008. "Why Do Many Resource-Rich Countries Have Negative Genuine Saving? Anticipation of better times for rapacious rent seeking," OxCarre Working Papers 010, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- van der Ploeg, Frederick, 2008. "Why Do Many Resource-Rich Countries Have Negative Genuine Saving? Anticipation of Better Times or Rapacious Rent Seeking," CEPR Discussion Papers 7021, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sandbu, Martin E., 2006. "Natural wealth accounts: A proposal for alleviating the natural resource curse," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1153-1170, July.
- Petreski, Marjan, 2013. "Inflation targeting at the crossroads: Evidence from post-communist economies during the crisis," MPRA Paper 47018, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- J. Rodrigo Fuentes S. & Verónica Mies M., 2005. "Looking at Chile’s Economic Dvelopment From an International Perspective," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 8(1), pages 7-33, April.
- Stephen M. Miller & Frank S. Russek, 2003.
"The Relationship Between Large Fiscal Adjustments And Short‐Term Output Growth Under Alternative Fiscal Policy Regimes,"
Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 21(1), pages 41-58, January.
- Stephen M. Miller & Frank S. Russek, 1999. "The Relationship between Large Fiscal Adjustments and Short-Term Output Growth Under Alternative Fiscal Policy Regimes," Working papers 1999-04, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2002.
- Vincent, Jeffrey R. & Panayotou, Theodore & Hartwick, John M., 1997. "Resource Depletion and Sustainability in Small Open Economies," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 274-286, July.
- Manel Kamoun & Ines Abdelkafi & Abdelfetah Ghorbel, 2019. "The Impact of Renewable Energy on Sustainable Growth: Evidence from a Panel of OECD Countries," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 10(1), pages 221-237, March.
- Siti Muliana Samsi & Zarinah Yusof & Kee-Cheok Cheong, 2012. "Linkages Between the Real Sector and the Financial Sector: The Case of Malaysia," Asian Academy of Management Journal of Accounting and Finance (AAMJAF), Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia, vol. 8(Supp. 1), pages 93-113.
- Abo-Zaid Salem M, 2011.
"The Trade-Growth Relationship in Israel Revisited: Evidence from Annual Data, 1960-2004,"
Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 6(3), pages 63-93, February.
- Salem Abo Zaid, 2006. "The Trade–Growth Relationship in Israel Revisited: Evidence from Annual Data, 1960-2004," Bank of Israel Working Papers 2006.11, Bank of Israel.
- Abo-Zaid, Salem, 2010. "The Trade–Growth Relationship in Israel Revisited: Evidence from Annual Data, 1960-2004," MPRA Paper 26344, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ross Levine & Norman Loayza & Thorsten Beck, 2002.
"Financial Intermediation and Growth: Causality and Causes,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series, in: Leonardo Hernández & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Se (ed.),Banking, Financial Integration, and International Crises, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 2, pages 031-084,
Central Bank of Chile.
- Levine, Ross & Loayza, Norman & Beck, Thorsten, 2000. "Financial intermediation and growth: Causality and causes," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 31-77, August.
- Levine, Ross & Loayza, Norman & Beck, Thorsten, 1999. "Financial intermediation and growth : Causality and causes," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2059, The World Bank.
- Thorsten Beck & Ross Levine & Norman Loayza, 1999. "Financial Intermediation and Growth: Causality and Causes," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 56, Central Bank of Chile.
- Nick Hanley & Louis Dupuy & Eoin McLaughlin, 2015.
"Genuine Savings And Sustainability,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(4), pages 779-806, September.
- Nick Hanley & Louis Dupuy & Eoin McLaughlin, 2014. "Genuine Savings and Sustainability," Discussion Papers in Environment and Development Economics 2014-09, University of St. Andrews, School of Geography and Sustainable Development.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth; Nutrition and Population - Population Policies Health; Nutrition and Population - Health Monitoring and Evaluation Poverty Reduction - Rural Poverty Reduction Finance and Financial Sector Development - Access to Finance Macroeconomics and Economic Growth - Regional Economic Development Health; Nutrition and Population;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbpubs:2281. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Thomas Breineder The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Thomas Breineder to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.