Africa's International Rivers : An Economic Perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dinar, Ariel & Wolf, Aaron, 1994. "International Markets for Water and the Potential for Regional Cooperation: Economic and Political Perspectives in the Western Middle East," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(1), pages 43-66, October.
- Rogers, Peter, 1992. "Comprehensive water resources management : a concept paper," Policy Research Working Paper Series 879, The World Bank.
- Barret, Scott & DEC, 1994. "Conflict and cooperation in managing international water resources," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1303, The World Bank.
- Sharma, N.P. & Damhaug, T. & Gilgan-Hunt, E. & Grey, D. & Okaru, V. & Rothberg, D., 1996. "African Water Resources; Challenges and Opportunities for Sustainable Development," Papers 331, World Bank - Technical Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joseph E. Cobbinah & Emma Sarah Eshun, 2021. "School Self-Evaluation and the Nature of Support System for Basic Schools in Ghana," SAGE Open, , vol. 11(2), pages 21582440211, June.
- Dombrowsky, Ines & Lkhagvadorj, Ariunaa & Schoderer, Mirja, 2018. "River basin management and fiscal decentralisation: mutually supportive or counterproductive? A case study of Mongolia," Discussion Papers 10/2018, German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE).
- Jonathan Lautze & Kai Wegerich & Jusipbek Kazbekov & Murat Yakubov, 2013. "International river basin organizations: variation, options and insights," Water International, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(1), pages 30-42, January.
- Luc Descroix, 2012. "Chapitre 3. Le bassin versant, Unité de gestion des eaux idéale pour l’Afrique subsaharienne ?," Post-Print ird-02157726, HAL.
- Colin Turner, 2018. "The governance of polycentric national infrastructure systems: Evidence from the UK National Infrastructure Plan," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 36(3), pages 513-529, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- D. Kilgour & Ariel Dinar, 2001. "Flexible Water Sharing within an International River Basin," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 18(1), pages 43-60, January.
- Wang, Yuntong, 2011. "Trading water along a river," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 124-130, March.
- Alan Richards & Nirvikar Singh, 2004. "No Easy Exit: Property Rights, Markets, and Negotiations over Water," Development and Comp Systems 0412011, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mehmet Kucukmehmetoglu & Jean-Michel Guldmann, 2005. "Multi-Objective Programming for the Allocation of Trans-Boundary Water Resources - the Case of the Euphrates and Tigris," ERSA conference papers ersa05p9, European Regional Science Association.
- Pham Do, Kim Hang & Dinar, Ariel & McKinney, Daene, 2011. "Can issue linkage help mitigate externalities and enhance cooperation," MPRA Paper 37408, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wenzhong Li & Genjiu Xu & Rene van den Brink, 2021. "Sharing the cost of cleaning up a polluted river," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 21-028/II, Tinbergen Institute.
- Guy Meublat, 2001. "La gestion partagée des fleuves internationaux en Afrique," Revue Tiers Monde, Programme National Persée, vol. 42(166), pages 427-453.
- Ayodele, T.R. & Ogunjuyigbe, A.S.O. & Amusan, T.O., 2018. "Techno-economic analysis of utilizing wind energy for water pumping in some selected communities of Oyo State, Nigeria," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 335-343.
- Ert, Eyal & Cohen-Amin, Shier & Dinar, Ariel, 2019. "The effect of issue linkage on cooperation in bilateral conflicts: An experimental analysis," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 134-142.
- Gohar, Abdelaziz A. & Ward, Frank A., 2010. "Gains from expanded irrigation water trading in Egypt: An integrated basin approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(12), pages 2535-2548, October.
- Alcalde-Unzu, Jorge & Gómez-Rúa, María & Molis, Elena, 2015.
"Sharing the costs of cleaning a river: the Upstream Responsibility rule,"
Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 134-150.
- Jorge Alcalde-Unzu & Maria Gomez-Rua & Elena Molis, 2013. "Sharing the costs of cleaning a river: the Upstream Responsibility rule," ThE Papers 13/03, Department of Economic Theory and Economic History of the University of Granada..
- Jorge Alcalde-Unzu & María Gómez-Rúa & Elena Molis, 2013. "Sharing the costs of cleaning a river: the Upstream Responsibility rule," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra 1301, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- Dimitrios Giannias, 1997. "Marginal values of water quantity and quality variations," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 337-346, November.
- Panfei Sun & Dongshuang Hou & Hao Sun, 2019. "Responsibility and sharing the cost of cleaning a polluted river," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 89(1), pages 143-156, February.
- Abraham, Anand & Ramachandran, Parthasarathy, 2021. "The welfare implications of transboundary storage and dam ownership on river water trade," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 18-27.
- Ansink, Erik & Houba, Harold, 2016. "Sustainable agreements on stochastic river flow," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 92-117.
- Yang, Hong & Zehnder, Alexander J. B., 2002. "Water Scarcity and Food Import: A Case Study for Southern Mediterranean Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1413-1430, August.
- Dinar, Ariel & Wolf, Aaron T., 1997. "Economic And Political Considerations In Regional Cooperation Models," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 26(1), pages 1-16, April.
- Ni, Debing & Wang, Yuntong, 2007. "Sharing a polluted river," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 176-186, July.
- Webb, Patrick & Iskandarani, Maria, 1998. "Water Insecurity and the Poor: Issues and Research Needs," Discussion Papers 279785, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Giannias, Dimitrios A. & Lekakis, Joseph N., 1997. "Policy analysis for an amicable, efficient and sustainable inter-country fresh water resource allocation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 231-242, June.
More about this item
KeywordsWater Resources - Water and Industry Water Resources - Water Law Water Supply and Sanitation - Water Supply and Systems Water Supply and Sanitation - Water Supply and Sanitation Governance and Institutions Law and Development - Water Resources Law;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbpubs:15175. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Tal Ayalon (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.