Land tenure and natural resource management: A comparative study of agrarian communities in Asia and Africa
- Otsuka, Keijiro
- Place, Frank
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Frank Place & Peter Hazell, 1993. "Productivity Effects of Indigenous Land Tenure Systems in Sub-Saharan Africa," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 75(1), pages 10-19.
- Besley, Timothy, 1995. "Property Rights and Investment Incentives: Theory and Evidence from Ghana," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(5), pages 903-937, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sitko, Nicholas J. & Chamberlin, Jordan & Hichaambwa, Munguzwe, 2014. "Does Smallholder Land Titling Facilitate Agricultural Growth?: An Analysis of the Determinants and Effects of Smallholder Land Titling in Zambia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 791-802.
- Keijiro Otsuka & Frank Place, 2013. "Evolutionary Changes in Land Tenure and Agricultural Intensification in Sub-Saharan Africa," GRIPS Discussion Papers 13-22, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Keijiro Otsuka & Jonna P. Estudillo & Takashi Yamano, 2010.
"The Role of Labor Markets and Human Capital in Poverty Reduction: Evidence from Asia and Africa,"
Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development,
Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 7(1), pages 23-40, June.
- Otsuka, Keijiro & Estudillo, Jonna P. & Yamano, Takashi, 1. "The Role of Labor Markets and Human Capital in Poverty Reduction: Evidence from Asia and Africa," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 7(1).
- Ali, Daniel Ayalew & Deininger, Klaus & Goldstein, Markus, 2014.
"Environmental and gender impacts of land tenure regularization in Africa: Pilot evidence from Rwanda,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 262-275.
- Ali, Daniel Ayalew & Deininger, Klaus & Goldstein, Markus, 2011. "Environmental and gender impacts of land tenure regularization in Africa : pilot evidence from Rwanda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5765, The World Bank.
- Hichaambwa, Munguzwe & Chamberlin, Jordan & Sitko, Nicholas, 2015. "Does Gender Matter when Evaluating the Economic Impacts of Smallholder Land Titling in Zambia?," Food Security Collaborative Policy Briefs 198704, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- World Bank, 2008. "Uganda Sustainable Land Management : Public Expenditure Review," World Bank Other Operational Studies 16807, The World Bank.
- Poudel, Narayan Raj & Fuwa, Nobuhiko & Otsuka, Keijiro, 2015.
"The impacts of a community forestry program on forest conditions, management intensity and revenue generation in the Dang district of Nepal,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(02), pages 259-281, April.
- Narayan Raj Poudel & Nobuhiko Fuwa & Keijiro Otsuka, 2014. "The impacts of a community forestry program on forest conditions, management intensity and revenue generation in the Dang district of Nepal," GRIPS Discussion Papers 13-24, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Keijiro Otsuka & Ridish Pokharel, 2014. "In search of appropriate institutions for forest management," GRIPS Discussion Papers 13-25, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Madalina Epure, 2013. "How Does the Changing Access to Resources Affect the Power and Authority of the Postsocialist Romanian State?," Journal of Economic Development, Environment and People, Alliance of Central-Eastern European Universities, vol. 2(1), pages 32-56, March.
- Chamberlin, Jordan & Ricker-Gilbert, Jacob, "undated". "Rural land rental markets in Southern Africa: trends, drivers, and impacts on household welfare in Malawi and Zambia," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170434, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Francis Mwesigye & Tomoya Matsumoto & Keijiro Otsuka, 2014. "Population Pressure, Rural-to-Rural Migration and Evolution of Land Tenure Institutions: The Case of Uganda," GRIPS Discussion Papers 14-09, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Chamberlin, Jordan & Sitko, Nicholas & Hichaambwa, Munguzwe, 2015. "Gendered-impacts of smallholder land tilting: a plot-level analysis in rural Zambia," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211451, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Holden, Stein T. & Ali, Daniel & Deininger, Klaus & Hilhorst, Thea, 2016. "A Land Tenure Module for LSMS," CLTS Working Papers 1/16, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Centre for Land Tenure Studies.
- Holden, Stein T. & Otsuka, Keijiro, 2014.
"The roles of land tenure reforms and land markets in the context of population growth and land use intensification in Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 88-97.
- Holden, Stein & Otsuka, Keijiro, 2013. "The Roles of Land Tenure Reforms and Land Markets in the Context of Population Growth and Land Use Intensification in Africa," CLTS Working Papers 15/13, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Centre for Land Tenure Studies.
- Meinzen-Dick, R. & Nkonya, L., 2007. "Understanding legal pluralism in water and land rights: lessons from Africa and Asia," IWMI Books, Reports H040685, International Water Management Institute.
- Benin, Samuel & Place, Frank & Nkonya, Ephraim M. & Pender, John L., 2006. "Land Markets and Agricultural Land Use Efficiency and Sustainability: Evidence from East Africa," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25645, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Shingo Kimura & Keijiro Otsuka & Tetsushi Sonobe & Scott Rozelle, 2011. "Efficiency of Land Allocation through Tenancy Markets: Evidence from China," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(3), pages 485-510.
- B Kelsey Jack, "undated". "Market Inefficiencies and the Adoption of Agricultural Technologies in Developing Countries," CID Working Papers 50, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Cheryl Doss & Ruth Meinzen-Dick & Allan Bomuhangi, 2014. "Who Owns the Land? Perspectives from Rural Ugandans and Implications for Large-Scale Land Acquisitions," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 76-100, January.
More about this item
KeywordsViet Nam; South East Asia; Africa south of Sahara; Africa; Asia; Land use; Land tenure; Forest management; Natural resources;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprib:0801867479. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.