Existence of an exact Walrasian equilibrium in nonconvex economies
The existence of an exact Walrasian equilibrium in nonconvex economies is still a largely unexplored issue. This paper shows that such an equilibrium exists in nonconvex economies by following the nearby economyapproach introduced by Postlewaite and Schmeidler (Approximate Walrasian Equilibrium and Nearby Economies, 1981) for convex economies. More precisely, the paper shows that any equilibrium price of the convexified version of a nonconvex economy is an equilibrium price also for a set of perturbed economies with the same number of agents. It shows that in this set there are economies that differ from the original economy only as regards preferences or initial endowments.
Volume (Year): 6 (2012)
Issue (Month): ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 8814528
Web page: http://www.economics-ejournal.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Smale, S., 1974. "Global analysis and economics IIA : Extension of a theorem of Debreu," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 1-14, March.
- Hildenbrand, Werner & Schmeidler, David & Zamir, Shmuel, 1973.
"Existence of Approximate Equilibria and Cores,"
Econometric Society, vol. 41(6), pages 1159-66, November.
- Felix Kubler, 2007. "Approximate Generalizations and Computational Experiments," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 75(4), pages 967-992, 07.
- Felix Kubler & Karl Schmedders, 2003.
"Approximate Versus Exact Equilibria,"
1382, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Robert M. Anderson & M. Ali Khan & Salim Rashid, 1981.
"Approximate Equilibria with Bounds Independent of Preferences,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
595, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Anderson, Robert M & Khan, M Ali & Rashid, Salim, 1982. "Approximate Equilibria with Bounds Independent of Preferences," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(3), pages 473-75, July.
- Felix Kubler & Karl Schmedders, 2005. "Approximate versus Exact Equilibria in Dynamic Economies," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(4), pages 1205-1235, 07.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifweej:201212. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.