Modeling Elements for Correlation the Enterprise’s Capital Cost and Its Financial Structure
In this research paper, our attention turns to the correlation between the enterprise’s cost of capital and its financial structure, the subject having both a theoretical and a practical approach. In our opinion, the decision referring to the financial structure is based on the effect of economic arbitrage between the tax economy as a result of indebtedness and the consequence of a major debt for the solvency and the ability of the enterprise to continue its work. In analyzing the financial structure of the enterprise an important element is the financial leverage, in the same time there must be mentioned the existence of the relationship between the cost of financial debt of the enterprise and the effect of financial leverage. The last section of the research paper presents an econometric study conducted using the EViews program and the respective method Pooled IV / Two-stages EGLS, and subsequent to the regression analysis results that there is a statistically significant correlation between the considered variables, which implies that there is a correlation between the enterprises’s cost of capital and its financial structure.
Volume (Year): 5 (2012)
Issue (Month): 17 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Str. J.H.Pestalozzi nr. 16, 300115, Timisoara|
Phone: 004 0256 592506
Fax: 004 0256 5925002
Web page: https://feaa.uvt.ro
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: 16 J. H. Pestalozzi Street, 300115, Timisoara, Romania|
Web: https://tje.uvt.ro Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- DeAngelo, Harry & Masulis, Ronald W., 1980. "Optimal capital structure under corporate and personal taxation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 3-29, March.
- Bradley, Michael & Jarrell, Gregg A & Kim, E Han, 1984. " On the Existence of an Optimal Capital Structure: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(3), pages 857-878, July.
- Noe, Thomas H & Rebello, Michael J, 1996. " Asymmetric Information, Managerial Opportunism, Financing, and Payout Policies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(2), pages 637-660, June.
- Maria Psillaki & Nikolaos Daskalakis, 2009. "Are the determinants of capital structure country or firm specific?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 319-333, October.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Darrough, Masako N & Stoughton, Neal M, 1986. " Moral Hazard and Adverse Selection: The Question of Financial Structure," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(2), pages 501-513, June.
- Laurence Booth, 2001.
"Capital Structures in Developing Countries,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 56(1), pages 87-130, 02.
- Booth, L. & Asli Demirgu-Kunt, V.A. & Maksimovic, V., 1999. "Capital Structure in Developing Countries," Rotman School of Management - Finance 00-001, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto.
- Myers, Stewart C., 1984. "Capital structure puzzle," Working papers 1548-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Marsh, Paul, 1982. " The Choice between Equity and Debt: An Empirical Study," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(1), pages 121-144, March.
- Stephen A. Ross, 1977. "The Determination of Financial Structure: The Incentive-Signalling Approach," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 8(1), pages 23-40, Spring.
- Myers, Stewart C, 1984. " The Capital Structure Puzzle," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(3), pages 575-592, July.
- Stewart C. Myers, 1984. "Capital Structure Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 1393, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zwiebel, Jeffrey, 1996. "Dynamic Capital Structure under Managerial Entrenchment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1197-1215, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wun:journl:tje:v05:y2012:i17:a06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Romeo Margea)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.