Modelling Inflation Using Markov Switching Models: Case of Poland, 1992 – 2005
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Henry, Olan T. & Shields, Kalvinder, 2004. "Is there a unit root in inflation?," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 481-500, September.
- John Simon, 1996. "A Markov-switching Model of Inflation in Australia," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp9611, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-384, March.
- Kevin B. Grier & Mark J. Perry, 2000. "The effects of real and nominal uncertainty on inflation and output growth: some garch-m evidence," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(1), pages 45-58.
- Nicholas Ricketts & David Rose, "undated". "Inflation, Learning And Monetary Policy Regimes In The G-7 Economies," Staff Working Papers 95-6, Bank of Canada.
- Grier, Kevin B. & Perry, Mark J., 1998. "On inflation and inflation uncertainty in the G7 countries," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 671-689, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aliyu, Shehu Usman Rano, 2020. "What have we learnt from modelling stock returns in Nigeria: Higgledy-piggledy?," MPRA Paper 110382, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 06 Jun 2021.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- repec:wsd:irgpim:v:86:y:2011:i:1:p:185-199 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kim Chang-Jin & Kim Yunmi, 2008. "Is the Backward-Looking Component Important in a New Keynesian Phillips Curve?," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 12(3), pages 1-20, September.
- Kushal Banik Chowdhury & Kaustav Kanti Sarkar & Srikanta Kundu, 2021. "Nonlinear relationships between inflation, output growth and uncertainty in India: New evidence from a bivariate threshold model," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 73(3), pages 469-493, July.
- Doaa Akl Ahmed & Mamdouh Abdelmoula M. Abdelsalam, 2018. "Inflation Instability Impact on Interest Rate in Egypt: Augmented Fisher Hypothesis Test," Applied Economics and Finance, Redfame publishing, vol. 5(1), pages 1-13, January.
- Zeynel Abidin Ozdemir, 2010. "Dynamics Of Inflation, Output Growth And Their Uncertainty In The Uk: An Empirical Analysis," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 78(6), pages 511-537, December.
- Joseph E. Gagnon, 2008.
"Inflation regimes and inflation expectations,"
Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, vol. 90(May), pages 229-243.
- Joseph E. Gagnon, 1997. "Inflation Regimes and Inflation Expectations," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp9701, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Joseph E. Gagnon, 1997. "Inflation regimes and inflation expectations," International Finance Discussion Papers 581, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Karanasos Menelaos & Schurer Stefanie, 2008.
"Is the Relationship between Inflation and Its Uncertainty Linear?,"
German Economic Review, De Gruyter, vol. 9(3), pages 265-286, August.
- Menelaos Karanasos & Stefanie Schurer, 2008. "Is the Relationship between Inflation and Its Uncertainty Linear?," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 9(3), pages 265-286, August.
- M. Karanasos & S. Schurer, 2006. "Is the relationship between ination and its uncertainty linear?," Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 463, Society for Computational Economics.
- Karanasos, Menelaos & Schurer, Stefanie, 2007. "Is the Relationship Between Inflation and its Uncertainty Linear?," Ruhr Economic Papers 18, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Levent, Korap, 2009. "Enflasyon ve enflasyon belirsizliği ilişkisi için G7 ekonomileri üzerine bir inceleme [An investigation for the inflation and inflation uncertainty relationship upon the G7 economies]," MPRA Paper 19478, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- MÃƒÂ¼bariz Hasanov & Tolga Omay, 2011.
"The Relationship Between Inflation, Output Growth, and Their Uncertainties: Evidence from Selected CEE Countries,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(0), pages 5-20, July.
- Hasanov, Mübariz & Omay, Tolga, 2010. "The relationship between inflation, output growth, and their uncertainties: Evidence from selected CEE countries," MPRA Paper 23764, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mubariz Hasanov & Tolga Omay, 2012. "The Relationship between Inflation, output growth, and their Uncertainties: Evidence from selected CEE countries," Hacettepe University Department of Economics Working Papers 20128, Hacettepe University, Department of Economics.
- Sharon Kozicki & Peter A. Tinsley, "undated". "Moving Endpoints in Macrofinance," Computing in Economics and Finance 1996 _058, Society for Computational Economics.
- Kuang‐Liang Chang & Chi‐Wei He, 2010. "Does The Magnitude Of The Effect Of Inflation Uncertainty On Output Growth Depend On The Level Of Inflation?," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 78(2), pages 126-148, March.
- Izz Eddien N. Ananzeh, 2015. "The Relationship between Inflation and its Uncertainty: Evidence from Jordan," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 5(4), pages 929-932.
- Hachicha, Ahmed & Lean Hooi Hooi, 2013. "Inflation, inflation uncertainty and output in Tunisia," Economics Discussion Papers 2013-1, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel).
- Binder, Carola C., 2017. "Measuring uncertainty based on rounding: New method and application to inflation expectations," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 1-12.
- Aruoba, S. Borağan & Bocola, Luigi & Schorfheide, Frank, 2017.
"Assessing DSGE model nonlinearities,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 34-54.
- S. Borağan Aruoba & Luigi Bocola & Frank Schorfheide, 2013. "Assessing DSGE Model Nonlinearities," NBER Working Papers 19693, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- S. Boragan Aruoba & Luigi Bocola & Frank Schorfheide, 2013. "Assessing DSGE model nonlinearities," Working Papers 13-47, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Fountas, Stilianos & Karanasos, Menelaos & Kim, Jinki, 2002.
"Inflation and output growth uncertainty and their relationship with inflation and output growth,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 75(3), pages 293-301, May.
- Fountas, Stilianos & Karanasos,Menelaos, 2001. "Inflation and Output Growth Uncertainty and their Relationship with Inflation and Output Growth," Working Papers 0053, National University of Ireland Galway, Department of Economics, revised 2001.
- Bredin, Don & Fountas, Stilianos, 2009. "Macroeconomic uncertainty and performance in the European Union," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 972-986, October.
- Kozicki, Sharon & Tinsley, P. A., 2001.
"Shifting endpoints in the term structure of interest rates,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 613-652, June.
- Sharon Kozicki & Peter A. Tinsley, 1997. "Shifting endpoints in the term structure of interest rates," Research Working Paper 97-08, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Steffen R. Henzel & Malte Rengel, 2017.
"Dimensions Of Macroeconomic Uncertainty: A Common Factor Analysis,"
Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 55(2), pages 843-877, April.
- Steffen Henzel & Malte Rengel, 2013. "Dimensions of macroeconomic uncertainty: A common factor analysis," ifo Working Paper Series 167, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Henzel, Steffen R. & Rengel, Malte, 2017. "Dimensions of macroeconomic uncertainty: a common factor analysis," Munich Reprints in Economics 49932, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Steffen Henzel & Malte Rengel, 2014. "Dimensions of Macroeconomic Uncertainty: A Common Factor Analysis," CESifo Working Paper Series 4991, CESifo.
- Lupu, Dan & Asandului, Mircea & Sîrghi, Nicoleta, 2015. "Considerations regarding inflation's evolution in Central and Eastern European countries," MPRA Paper 95508, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Levent KORAP, 2009.
"On the links between inflation, output growth and uncertainty: System-GARCH evidence from the Turkish economy,"
Iktisat Isletme ve Finans, Bilgesel Yayincilik, vol. 24(285), pages 89-110.
- Korap, Levent, 2009. "On the links between inflation, output growth and uncertainty: system-GARCH evidence from the Turkish economy," MPRA Paper 19054, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsMarkov Switching Models; Inflation modelling; Leading Indicators;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsd:irgpim:v:86:y:2011:i:2:p:185-199. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/irsghpl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Konrad Walczyk (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/irsghpl.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.