Greening the United Nations' Human Development Index?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jacques Loup, David Naudet and Développement et insertion internationale (DIAL), 2000. "The State of Human Development Data and Statistical Capacity Building in Developing Countries," Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) HDOCPA-2000-11, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Bartelmus, Peter, 1999. "Sustainable development: Paradigm or paranoia?," Wuppertal Papers 93, Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy.
- Spangenberg, Joachim H. & Bonniot, Odile, 1998. "Sustainability indicators: A compass on the road towards sustainability," Wuppertal Papers 81, Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy.
- Sudhir Anand and Amartya Sen, 1994. "Sustainable Human Development: Concepts and Priorities," Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) HDOCPA-1994-03, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Neumayer, Eric, 2001. "The human development index and sustainability -- a constructive proposal," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 101-114, October.
- M. Qizilbash, 2001. "Sustainable Development: Concepts and Rankings," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(3), pages 134-161.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Blancard, Stéphane & Hoarau, Jean-François, 2013.
"A new sustainable human development indicator for small island developing states: A reappraisal from data envelopment analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 623-635.
- Stéphane Blancard & Jean-François Hoarau, 2013. "A new sustainable human development indicator for small island developing states: A reappraisal from data envelopment analysis," Post-Print hal-01243423, HAL.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:6:p:1078-:d:102194 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wolff, Hendrik & Chong, Howard & Auffhammer, Maximilian, 2008.
"Consequences of Data Error in Aggregate Indicators: Evidence from the Human Development Index,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt18s0z7mj, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Wolff, Hendrik & Chong, Howard & Auffhammer, Maximilian, 2008. "Consequences of Data Error in Aggregate Indicators: Evidence from the Human Development Index," IZA Discussion Papers 3346, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hezri, Adnan A. & Dovers, Stephen R., 2006. "Sustainability indicators, policy and governance: Issues for ecological economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 86-99, November.
- repec:eee:deveco:v:132:y:2018:i:c:p:130-149 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pineda, Jose, 2012. "Sustainability and human development: a proposal for a sustainability adjusted HDI (SHDI)," MPRA Paper 39656, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francesco Busato & Norma Maccari, 2016. "The Environmental Human Development Index," RIVISTA DI STUDI SULLA SOSTENIBILITA', FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2016(2), pages 31-44.
- Liu, Xinyu & Liu, Gengyuan & Yang, Zhifeng & Chen, Bin & Ulgiati, Sergio, 2016. "Comparing national environmental and economic performances through emergy sustainability indicators: Moving environmental ethics beyond anthropocentrism toward ecocentrism," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 1532-1542.
- Wolff, Hendrik & Chong, Howard & Auffhammer, Maximilian, 2009. "Human Development Index: Are Developing Countries Misclassified? (former title: "Consequences of Data Error in Aggregate Indicators: Evidence from the Human Development Index)," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49763, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Qiu, Qihua & Sung, Jaesang & Davis, Will & Tchernis, Rusty, 2018.
"Using spatial factor analysis to measure human development,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 130-149.
- Qihua Qiu & Jaesang Sung & Will Davis & Rusty Tchernis, 2017. "Using Spatial Factor Analysis to Measure Human Development," NBER Working Papers 23952, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:sustdv:v:11:y:2003:i:4:p:183-198. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1099-1719 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.