Business profitability versus social profitability: evaluating industries with externalities, the case of casinos
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Frank L. Quinn, 2001. "First do no harm: what could be done by casinos to limit pathological gambling," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(1-3), pages 133-142.
- Rachel A. Volberg & Dean R. Gerstein & Eugene M. Christiansen & John Baldridge, 2001. "Assessing self-reported expenditures on gambling," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(1-3), pages 77-96.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael J. Hicks, 2014. "Do Good Fences Make Good Neighbors? The Cross Border Impact of Casino Entrance," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 5-20, March.
- Michael Wenz, 2014. "Casinos, Gambling, and Economic Development: An Introduction to the Special Issue," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 1-4, March.
- Douglas M. Walker, 2008. "The Diluted Economics of Casinos and Crime: A Rejoinder to Grinols and Mustardâ€™s Reply," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 5(2), pages 148-155, May.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:145:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2890-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Leventis, Stergios & Hasan, Iftekhar & Dedoulis, Emmanouil, 2013.
"The cost of sin: The effect of social norms on audit pricing,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 152-165.
- Leventis, Stergios & Hasan, Iftekhar & Dedoulis, Emmanouil, 2013. "The cost of sin : The effect of social norms on audit pricing," Research Discussion Papers 13/2013, Bank of Finland.
- Moellman, Nicholas & Mitra, Aparna, 2013. "Indian gaming in Oklahoma: Implications for community welfare," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 64-70.
- Douglas M. Walker, 2008. "Do Casinos Really Cause Crime?," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 5(1), pages 4-20, January.
- Michael Wenz, 2014. "Valuing Casinos as a Local Amenity," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 136-158, March.
- repec:bla:pbudge:v:37:y:2017:i:1:p:26-46 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:mgtdec:v:22:y:2001:i:1-3:p:143-162. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/7976 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.