Vietnam in the global garment and textile value chain: impacts on firms and workers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hill, Hal, 2000. "Export Success Against the Odds: A Vietnamese Case Study," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 283-300, February.
- Gereffi, Gary, 1999. "International trade and industrial upgrading in the apparel commodity chain," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 37-70, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shingal, Anirudh, 2015. "Labour market effects of integration into GVCs: Review of literature," Papers 1109, World Trade Institute.
- Vivek Soundararajan & Jill A. Brown, 2016. "Voluntary Governance Mechanisms in Global Supply Chains: Beyond CSR to a Stakeholder Utility Perspective," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 134(1), pages 83-102, March.
- Taguchi, Hiroyuki, 2018. "The involvement in global value chains and its policy implication in Vietnam," MPRA Paper 84367, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gladys Lopez-Acevedo & Raymond Robertson, 2012. "Sewing Success? Employment, Wages, and Poverty following the End of the Multi-Fibre Arrangement," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13137.
- Emanuela Todeva & Ruslan Rakhmatullin, 2016. "Industry Global Value Chains, Connectivity and Regional Smart Specialisation in Europe. An Overview of Theoretical Approaches and Mapping Methodologies," JRC Working Papers JRC102801, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Pietro Masina, 2012. "Vietnam tra Flying Geese e middle-income trap: le sfide della politica industriale per una nuova tigre dell’Asia," Working Papers 1210, c.MET-05 - Centro Interuniversitario di Economia Applicata alle Politiche per L'industria, lo Sviluppo locale e l'Internazionalizzazione.
- Tashlin Lakhani & Sarosh Kuruvilla & Ariel Avgar, 2013. "Across Boundaries: The Global Challenges Facing Workers and Employment Research 50th Anniversary Special Issue," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 51(3), pages 440-472, September.
- Rhys Jenkins, 2004. "Vietnam in the global economy: trade, employment and poverty," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(1), pages 13-28.
- Pegler, L.J., 2009. "Development through global value chains and the achievement of decent work : challenges to work and representational processes," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18708, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Henderson, Jeffrey, 2005. "Global Production Networks, Competition, Regulation and Poverty Reduction: Policy Implications," Centre on Regulation and Competition (CRC) Working papers 30692, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Taguchi, Hiroyuki & Lar, Ni, 2015. "Global-value-chains participation and industrial upgrading in Asian developing economies," MPRA Paper 65708, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Azmeh, Shamel & Nadvi, Khalid, 2014. "Asian firms and the restructuring of global value chains," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 708-717.
- Goto, Kenta, 2012. "Is the Vietnamese garment industry at a turning point? : upgrading from the export to the domestic market," IDE Discussion Papers 373, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Emiliano Magrini & Pierluigi Montalbano & L. Alan Winters, 2017. "Vulnerability from trade in Vietnam," Working Paper Series 2017, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Pegler, L.J., 2011. "Sustainable Value Chains and Labour - Linking Chain and "Inner Drivers"," ISS Working Papers - General Series 525, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Karishma Banga, 2017. "Impact of Linking into Global Value Chains on Indian Employment," Working Papers 1701, Council on Economic Policies.
- Azmeh, Shamel & Nadvi, Khalid, 2014. "Asian firms and the restructuring of global value chains," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 56666, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Yoon Heo & Nguyen Khanh Doanh, 2009. "Trade Liberalisation and Poverty Reduction in Vietnam," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(6), pages 934-964, June.
- Nguyen, Binh Giang, 2010. "The challenges of upgrading and diversifying Vietnam's industrial structure," MPRA Paper 40504, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:bla:asiaps:v:4:y:2017:i:1:p:50-69 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jintdv:v:16:y:2004:i:1:p:111-123. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/5102/home .