An empirical analysis of dynamic multiscale hedging using wavelet decomposition
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Thomas Conlon & John Cotter, 2011. "An Empirical Analysis of Dynamic Multiscale Hedging using Wavelet Decomposition," Papers 1103.4943, arXiv.org.
- Thomas Conlon & John Cotter, 2011. "An Empirical Analysis of Dynamic Multiscale Hedging using Wavelet Decomposition," Working Papers 201104, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bakshi, Gurdip & Cao, Charles & Chen, Zhiwu, 1997.
" Empirical Performance of Alternative Option Pricing Models,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 52(5), pages 2003-2049, December.
- Charles Quanwei Cao & Gurdip S. Bakshi & Zhiwu Chen, 1997. "Empirical Performance of Alternative Option Pricing Models," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm54, Yale School of Management.
- Charles Quanwei Cao & Gurdip S. Bakshi & Zhiwu Chen, 1997. "Empirical Performance of Alternative Option Pricing Models," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm65, Yale School of Management.
- Kim, In Joon & Kim, Sol, 2004. "Empirical comparison of alternative stochastic volatility option pricing models: Evidence from Korean KOSPI 200 index options market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 117-142, April.
- Robert C. Merton, 2005. "Theory of rational option pricing," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 8, pages 229-288 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Ait-Sahalia, Yacine, 1996.
"Nonparametric Pricing of Interest Rate Derivative Securities,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(3), pages 527-560, May.
- Yacine Ait-Sahalia, 1995. "Nonparametric Pricing of Interest Rate Derivative Securities," NBER Working Papers 5345, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christoffersen, Peter & Jacobs, Kris, 2004.
"The importance of the loss function in option valuation,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, pages 291-318.
- Peter Christoffersen & Kris Jacobs, 2003. "The Importance of the Loss Function in Option Valuation," CIRANO Working Papers 2003s-52, CIRANO.
- Bakshi, Gurdip & Cao, Charles & Chen, Zhiwu, 2000. "Pricing and hedging long-term options," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, pages 277-318.
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-384, March.
- Roger W. Lee, 2004. "The Moment Formula For Implied Volatility At Extreme Strikes," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(3), pages 469-480.
- Merton, Robert C., 1976.
"Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 125-144.
- Merton, Robert C., 1975. "Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous," Working papers 787-75., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Frey, Rüdiger, 1997. "Derivative Asset Analysis in Models with Level-Dependent and Stochastic Volatility," Discussion Paper Serie B 401, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Tobias Rydén & Timo Teräsvirta & Stefan Åsbrink, 1998.
"Stylized facts of daily return series and the hidden Markov model,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., pages 217-244.
- Rydén, Tobias & Teräsvirta, Timo & Åsbrink, Stefan, 1996. "Stylized Facts of Daily Return Series and the Hidden Markov Model," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 117, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-343.
- Matthias Fengler, 2009.
"Arbitrage-free smoothing of the implied volatility surface,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(4), pages 417-428.
- Matthias R. Fengler, 2005. "Arbitrage-Free Smoothing of the Implied Volatility Surface," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2005-019, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Alexander, Carol & Nogueira, Leonardo M., 2007. "Model-free hedge ratios and scale-invariant models," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1839-1861, June.
- Bliss, Robert R. & Panigirtzoglou, Nikolaos, 2002. "Testing the stability of implied probability density functions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(2-3), pages 381-422, March.
- Steven A. Weinberg, 2001. "Interpreting the volatility smile: an examination of the information content of option prices," International Finance Discussion Papers 706, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Stephane Crepey, 2004. "Delta-hedging vega risk?," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(5), pages 559-579.
- Rolf Poulsen & Klaus Reiner Schenk-Hoppe & Christian-Oliver Ewald, 2009. "Risk minimization in stochastic volatility models: model risk and empirical performance," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(6), pages 693-704.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Bernard Dumas & Jeff Fleming & Robert E. Whaley, 1998. "Implied Volatility Functions: Empirical Tests," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(6), pages 2059-2106, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:312-321 is not listed on IDEAS
- Conlon, Thomas & Cotter, John, 2013. "Downside risk and the energy hedger's horizon," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 371-379.
- Chakrabarty, Anindya & De, Anupam & Gunasekaran, Angappa & Dubey, Rameshwar, 2015. "Investment horizon heterogeneity and wavelet: Overview and further research directions," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 429(C), pages 45-61.
- Bredin, Don & Conlon, Thomas & Potì, Valerio, 2015. "Does gold glitter in the long-run? Gold as a hedge and safe haven across time and investment horizon," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 320-328.
- Hou, Yang & Holmes, Mark, 2017. "On the effects of static and autoregressive conditional higher order moments on dynamic optimal hedging," MPRA Paper 82000, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dai, Jun & Zhou, Haigang & Zhao, Shaoquan, 2017. "Determining the multi-scale hedge ratios of stock index futures using the lower partial moments method," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 466(C), pages 502-510.
- repec:eee:finlet:v:21:y:2017:i:c:p:115-125 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:jeicoo:v:12:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11403-016-0176-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Kim, Myeong Jun & Park, Sung Y., 2016. "Optimal conditional hedge ratio: A simple shrinkage estimation approach," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(PA), pages 139-156.
- Wang, Gang-Jin & Xie, Chi & He, Ling-Yun & Chen, Shou, 2014. "Detrended minimum-variance hedge ratio: A new method for hedge ratio at different time scales," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 405(C), pages 70-79.
- Kotkatvuori-Örnberg, Juha, 2016. "Dynamic conditional copula correlation and optimal hedge ratios with currency futures," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 60-69.
- Anindya Chakrabarty & Anupam De & Gautam Bandyopadhyay, 2016. "Horizon heterogeneity, institutional constraint and managerial myopia: a multi-frequency perspective on ELSS," International Journal of Business Excellence, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 9(1), pages 18-47.
- Bredin, Don & Conlon, Thomas & Potì, Valerio, 2017. "The price of shelter - Downside risk reduction with precious metals," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 48-58.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:493-507 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jfutmk:v:32:y:2012:i:3:p:272-299. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0270-7314/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .