Option volume and volatility response to scheduled economic news releases
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jieun Lee & Doojin Ryu, 2019. "The impacts of public news announcements on intraday implied volatility dynamics," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 39(6), pages 656-685, June.
- Borochin, Paul A. & Cicon, James E. & DeLisle, R. Jared & Price, S. McKay, 2018. "The effects of conference call tones on market perceptions of value uncertainty," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 75-91.
- Cuadro-Sáez, Lucía & Moreno, Manuel, 2007. "GARCH modeling of robust market returns," Kiel Advanced Studies Working Papers 440, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Imad Moosa & Sulaiman Al-Abduljader, 2010. "A test of the news model of stock price determination in an emerging market: the case of Kuwait," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(5), pages 397-405.
- Sylwia Nowak, 2008. "How Do Public Announcements Affect The Frequency Of Trading In U.S. Airline Stocks?," CAMA Working Papers 2008-38, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Bennani, Hamza, 2020.
"Central bank communication in the media and investor sentiment,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 176(C), pages 431-444.
- Hamza Bennani, 2020. "Central Bank Communication in the Media and Investor Sentiment," Post-Print hal-02615852, HAL.
- Laura Wallenius & Elena Fedorova & Sheraz Ahmed & Mikael Collan, 2017. "Surprise Effect of Euro Area Macroeconomic Announcements on CIVETS Stock Markets," Prague Economic Papers, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2017(1), pages 55-71.
- Lai, Ya-Wen, 2017. "Macroeconomic factors and index option returns," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 452-477.
- Natividad Blasco & Pilar Corredor & Rafael Santamaría, 2010. "Does informed trading occur in the options market? Some revealing clues," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 50(3), pages 555-579, September.
- Brian L. Dos Santos & Zhiqiang (Eric) Zheng & Vijay S. Mookerjee & Hongyu Chen, 2012. "Are New IT-Enabled Investment Opportunities Diminishing for Firms?," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 23(2), pages 287-305, June.
- Laura Wallenius & Elena Fedorova & Sheraz Ahmed & Mikael Collan, . "Surprise Effect of Euro Area Macroeconomic Announcements on CIVETS Stock Markets," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 0, pages 1-17.
- López, Raquel, 2018. "The behaviour of energy-related volatility indices around scheduled news announcements: Implications for variance swap investments," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 356-364.
- Kaplanski, Guy & Levy, Haim, 2015. "Trading breaks and asymmetric information: The option markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 390-404.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jfutmk:v:23:y:2003:i:4:p:315-345. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0270-7314/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.