International survey on willingness-to-pay (WTP) for one additional QALY gained: what is the threshold of cost effectiveness?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Drummond, Michael F. & Sculpher, Mark J. & Torrance, George W. & O'Brien, Bernie J. & Stoddart, Greg L., 2005. "Methods for the Economic Evaluation of Health Care Programmes," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 3, number 9780198529453.
- Dorte Gyrd-Hansen, 2003. "Willingness to pay for a QALY," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(12), pages 1049-1060.
- Basu, Anirban & Meltzer, David, 2005. "Implications of spillover effects within the family for medical cost-effectiveness analysis," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 751-773, July.
- Nancy Devlin & David Parkin, 2004. "Does NICE have a cost-effectiveness threshold and what other factors influence its decisions? A binary choice analysis," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(5), pages 437-452.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:eujhec:v:18:y:2017:i:9:d:10.1007_s10198-016-0853-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Graves, Nicholas & Clare, Gina & Haines, Mary & Bird, Robert, 2010. "A policy case study of blood in Australia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(9), pages 1677-1682, November.
- Ziebarth, N. R. & Schmitt, M. & Karlsson, M., 2013.
"The short-term population health effects of weather and pollution: implications of climate change,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
13/34, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Nicolas R. Ziebarth & Maike Schmitt & Martin Karlsson, 2014. "The Short-Term Population Health Effects of Weather and Pollution: Implications of Climate Change," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 646, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Ziebarth, Nicolas R. & Schmitt, Maike & Karlsson, Martin, 2013. "The Short-Term Population Health Effects of Weather and Pollution: Implications of Climate Change," IZA Discussion Papers 7875, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ryen, Linda & Svensson, Mikael, 2014. "The Willingness to Pay for a QALY: a Review of the Empirical Literature," Karlstad University Working Papers in Economics 12, Karlstad University, Department of Economics.
- Susan Geertshuis & Otto Krickl, 2013. "Value Judgements and Continuing Education," International Journal of Management, Knowledge and Learning, International School for Social and Business Studies, Celje, Slovenia, vol. 2(1), pages 123-141.
- repec:spr:eujhec:v:19:y:2018:i:4:d:10.1007_s10198-017-0901-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrea Iannaccone & Thomas Marwick, 2015. "Cost Effectiveness of Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement Compared with Medical Management or Surgery for Patients with Aortic Stenosis," Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 29-45, February.
- Ronald Wielage & Megha Bansal & J. Andrews & Robert Klein & Michael Happich, 2013. "Cost-Utility Analysis of Duloxetine in Osteoarthritis: A US Private Payer Perspective," Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 219-236, June.
- Hoa-Thi-Minh Nguyen & Tom Kompas & Roslyn I. Hickson, 2014.
"Aid and the Control of Tuberculosis in Papua New Guinea: Is Australia's Assistance Cost-Effective?,"
Asia and the Pacific Policy Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(2), pages 364-378, May.
- Hoa Thi-Minh Nguyen & Tom Kompas & Roslyn I. Hickson, 2013. "Aid and the Control of Tuberculosis in Papua New Guinea: Is Australia's Assistance Cost-Effective?," Asia and the Pacific Policy Studies 5.37, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- repec:spr:eujhec:v:19:y:2018:i:6:d:10.1007_s10198-017-0929-z is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:eujhec:v:18:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1007_s10198-016-0825-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Akazawa, Manabu & Yongue, Julia & Ikeda, Shunya & Satoh, Toshihiko, 2014. "Considering economic analyses in the revision of the preventive vaccination law: A new direction for health policy-making in Japan?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 127-134.
- Henrik Andersson & James K. Hammitt & Kristian Sundström, 2015.
"Willingness to Pay and QALYs: What Can We Learn about Valuing Foodborne Risk?,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(3), pages 727-752, September.
- Andersson, Henrik & Hammitt, James & SundstrÃ¶m, Kristian, 2011. "Willingness to pay and QALYs: What can we learn about valuing foodborne risk?," LERNA Working Papers 11.21.355, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Andersson, Henrik & Hammitt, James K. & Sundström, Kristian, 2011. "Willingness to pay and QALYs: What can we learn about valuing foodborne risk?," TSE Working Papers 11-272, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- repec:bla:ijhplm:v:32:y:2017:i:1:p:e1-e16 is not listed on IDEAS
- An Tran-Duy & Annelies Boonen & Wietske Kievit & Piet Riel & Mart Laar & Johan Severens, 2014. "Modelling Outcomes of Complex Treatment Strategies Following a Clinical Guideline for Treatment Decisions in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 32(10), pages 1015-1028, October.
- Bobinac, Ana & van Exel, N. Job A. & Rutten, Frans F.H. & Brouwer, Werner B.F., 2012. "GET MORE, PAY MORE? An elaborate test of construct validity of willingness to pay per QALY estimates obtained through contingent valuation," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 158-168.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:204:y:2018:i:c:p:39-50 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robinson, Angela & Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte & Bacon, Philomena & Baker, Rachel & Pennington, Mark & Donaldson, Cam, 2013. "Estimating a WTP-based value of a QALY: The ‘chained’ approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 92-104.
- S. Laplante & F. X. Liu & B. Culleton & A. Bernardo & Denise King & P. Hudson, 2016. "The Cost Effectiveness of High-Dose versus Conventional Haemodialysis: a Systematic Review," Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 185-193, April.
- Markiewicz, Katarzyna & van Til, Janine A. & Steuten, Lotte M.G. & IJzerman, Maarten J., 2016. "Commercial viability of medical devices using Headroom and return on investment calculation," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 338-346.
- Ava John-Baptiste & Man Yeung & Victoria Leung & Gabrielle Velde & Murray Krahn, 2012. "Cost Effectiveness of Hepatitis C-Related Interventions Targeting Substance Users and Other High-Risk Groups," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 30(11), pages 1015-1034, November.
- repec:eee:hepoli:v:121:y:2017:i:8:p:836-841 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:pharme:v:36:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s40273-017-0565-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shafie, A.A. & Hassali, M.A., 2013. "Willingness to pay for voluntary community-based health insurance: Findings from an exploratory study in the state of Penang, Malaysia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 272-276.
- Beth Woods & Paul Revill & Mark Sculpher & Karl Claxton, 2015. "Country-level cost-effectiveness thresholds: initial estimates and the need for further research," Working Papers 109cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:19:y:2010:i:4:p:422-437. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.