Decomposing the effects of children's health on mother's labor supply: is it time or money?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Berger, Mark C. & Fleisher, Belton M., 1984. "Husband's health and wife's labor supply," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 63-75, April.
- Rebecca M. Blank, 1989. "The Effect of Medical Need and Medicaid on AFDC Participation," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 24(1), pages 54-87.
- Moffitt, Robert & Wolfe, Barbara L, 1992.
"The Effect of the Medicaid Program on Welfare Participation and Labor Supply,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 74(4), pages 615-626, November.
- Robert Moffitt & Barbara Wolfe, 1990. "The Effect of the Medicaid Program on Welfare Participation and Labor Supply," NBER Working Papers 3286, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- B. Wolfe & S. C. Hill, "undated". "The effect of health on the work effort of low-income single mothers," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 979-92, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Browning, Martin, 1992. "Children and Household Economic Behavior," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(3), pages 1434-1475, September.
- Elizabeth T. Powers, 2001. "New Estimates of the Impact of Child Disability on Maternal Employment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 135-139, May.
- Barbara L. Wolfe & Steven C. Hill, 1995. "The Effect of Health on the Work Effort of Single Mothers," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 30(1), pages 42-62.
- Moffitt, Robert, 1984. "The Estimation of a Joint Wage-Hours Labor Supply Model," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(4), pages 550-566, October.
- Yoram Barzel, 1973. "The Determination of Daily Hours and Wages," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(2), pages 220-238.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cowling, Marc, 2007. "Still At Work? An empirical test of competing theories of long hours culture," MPRA Paper 1614, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:pri:crcwel:wp12-03-ff is not listed on IDEAS
- Marah A. Curtis & Hope Corman & Kelly Noonan & Nancy E. Reichman, 2012. "Life Shocks and Homelessness," Working Papers 1374, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Research on Child Wellbeing..
- Patrick Richard, 2016. "Children’s Mental Disorders and Their Mothers’ Earnings: Implications for the Affordable Care Act of 2010," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 156-171, June.
- Wasi, Nada & den Berg, Bernard van & Buchmueller, Thomas C., 2012. "Heterogeneous effects of child disability on maternal labor supply: Evidence from the 2000 US Census," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 139-154.
- Diego Amador & Mónica Pinilla-Roncancio, 2017. "The Effect of Child Disability on Parents' Labour Supply: Evidence from Colombia," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 015467, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Paul Frijters & David W. Johnston & Manisha Shah & Michael A. Shields, 2009. "To Work or Not to Work? Child Development and Maternal Labor Supply," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 1(3), pages 97-110, July.
- Peter Burton & Kelly Chen & Lynn Lethbridge & Shelley Phipps, 2017. "Child health and parental paid work," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 597-620, June.
- Jason Fletcher & Nicole Hair & Barbara Wolfe, 2012.
"Am I my Brother's Keeper? Sibling Spillover Effects: The Case of Developmental Disabilities and Externalizing Behavior,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
668, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Jason Fletcher & Nicole L. Hair & Barbara L. Wolfe, 2012. "Am I my Brother's Keeper? Sibling Spillover Effects: The Case of Developmental Disabilities and Externalizing Behavior," NBER Working Papers 18279, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Morrill, Melinda Sandler, 2011. "The effects of maternal employment on the health of school-age children," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 240-257, March.
- Kvist, Anette Primdal & Nielsen, Helena Skyt & Simonsen, Marianne, 2011.
"The Effects of Children's ADHD on Parents' Relationship Dissolution and Labor Supply,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6092, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Anette Primdal Kvist & Helena Skyt Nielsen & Marianne Simonsen, 2011. "The effects of Children’s ADHD on Parents’ Relationship Dissolution and Labor Supply," Economics Working Papers 2011-14, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Nils Braakmann, 2014.
"The consequences of own and spousal disability on labor market outcomes and subjective well-being: evidence from Germany,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 717-736, December.
- Nils Braakmann, 2010. "The consequences of own and spousal disability on labor market outcomes and subjective well-being: Evidence from Germany," Working Paper Series in Economics 161, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- DeRigne, LeaAnne & Porterfield, Shirley, 2010. "Employment change and the role of the medical home for married and single-mother families with children with special health care needs," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(4), pages 631-641, February.
- Jason Fletcher & Marsha Mailick & Jieun Song & Barbara Wolfe, 2013. "A Sibling Death in the Family: Common and Consequential," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(3), pages 803-826, June.
- repec:afe:journl:v:19:y:2017:i:1:p:27-60 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hope Corman & Kelly Noonan & Nancy E. Reichman, 2005. "Mother's Labor Supply in Fragile Families: The Role of Child Health," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 31(4), pages 601-616, Fall.
- Mahmud, Mir, 2016. "Child Disability, Children’s Time with Mother and Maternal Employment," MPRA Paper 72816, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marah Curtis & Hope Corman & Kelly Noonan & Nancy Reichman, 2013. "Life Shocks and Homelessness," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(6), pages 2227-2253, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:13:y:2004:i:6:p:525-541. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .