The effects of higher cigarette prices on tar and nicotine consumption in a cohort of adult smokers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chaloupka, Frank J. & Warner, Kenneth E., 2000. "The economics of smoking," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 29, pages 1539-1627 Elsevier.
- Keeler, Theodore E. & Hu, Teh-wei & Barnett, Paul G. & Manning, Willard G. & Sung, Hai-Yen, 1996. "Do cigarette producers price-discriminate by state? An empirical analysis of local cigarette pricing and taxation," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 499-512, August.
- Frank J. Chaloupka & Michael Grossman, 1996. "Price, Tobacco Control Policies and Youth Smoking," NBER Working Papers 5740, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1989:79:2:188-191_9 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Laffer, Arthur B. (Лаффер, Артур), 2016.
"Handbook of Tobacco Taxation: Theory and Practice (Economic Theory of Taxation)
[Руководство По Налогообложению Табачных Изделий: Теория И Практика (Экономическая Теория Налогообложения)]," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 5, pages 50-67, October.
- repec:pal:easeco:v:45:y:2019:i:3:d:10.1057_s41302-019-00139-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jérôme Adda & Francesca Cornaglia, 2006.
"Taxes, Cigarette Consumption, and Smoking Intensity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(4), pages 1013-1028, September.
- Adda, Jérôme & Cornaglia, Francesca, 2005. "Taxes, Cigarette Consumption and Smoking Intensity," IZA Discussion Papers 1849, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Kyle Rozema & Nicolas Ziebarth, 2015.
"Behavioral Responses to Taxation: Cigarette Taxes and Food Stamp Take-Up,"
150015, Canadian Centre for Health Economics.
- Rozema, Kyle & Ziebarth, Nicolas R., 2015. "Behavioral Responses to Taxation: Cigarette Taxes and Food Stamp Take-Up," IZA Discussion Papers 8907, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- repec:eee:jhecon:v:61:y:2018:i:c:p:205-219 is not listed on IDEAS
- Richard Cebula & Maggie Foley & Robert Houmes, 2014. "Empirical analysis of the impact of cigarette excise taxes on cigarette consumption: estimates from recent state-level data," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 38(1), pages 164-180, January.
- Gospodinov, Nikolay & Irvine, Ian, 2009. "Tobacco taxes and regressivity," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 375-384, March.
- Ian Irvine, 2008. "Smoking Intensity, Compensatory Behavior and Tobacco Tax Policy," Working Papers 200818, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- repec:tpr:amjhec:v:3:y:2017:i:4:p:507-527 is not listed on IDEAS
- Johanna Catherine MacLean & Asia Sikora Kessler & Donald S. Kenkel, 2016.
"Cigarette Taxes and Older Adult Smoking: Evidence from the Health and Retirement Study,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(4), pages 424-438, April.
- Johanna Catherine Maclean & Asia Sikora Kessler & Donald S. Kenkel, 2015. "Cigarette Taxes and Older Adult Smoking: Evidence from the Health and Retirement Study," DETU Working Papers 1502, Department of Economics, Temple University.
- Cebula, Richard, 2010. "A Preliminary Contemporary Panel Data Analysis of the Consumption Impact of Cigarette Taxation," MPRA Paper 49201, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paolo Liberati & Francesco Crespi & Massimo Paradiso & Simone Tedeschi & Antonio Scialà, 2018. "Smokers Are Different: The Heterogeneity Of Smokers’ Responses To Price Increases," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0237, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:13:y:2004:i:1:p:49-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.