An empirical analysis of state agricultural product promotions: A case study on Arizona Grown
State commodity promotions, which promote food and agricultural products produced within a state's borders, are becoming widespread. Even though they are funded through tax revenues, there is little analysis on their effects. This study evaluates consumer awareness of Arizona's program and their preferences for Arizona products. Also, the effects of the program on product sales are analyzed. It was found that consumers were largely unaware of Arizona's program. However, most indicated that they would prefer Arizona products over others. The promotion was found to have little to no effect on product sales and only a modest direct effect on consumer preferences. [EconLit cites: Q180, M300, H170] © 1999 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 15 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nicholas J. Powers, 1989. "A study of demand response to grocery advertising of fresh California-Arizona navel oranges," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(5), pages 423-435.
- Kinnucan, Henry W. & Venkateswaran, Meenakshi, 1990.
"Effects of Generic Advertising on Perceptions and Behavior: The Case of Catfish,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(02), pages 137-151, December.
- Kinnucan, Henry W. & Venkateswaran, Meenakshi, 1990. "Effects Of Generic Advertising On Perceptions And Behavior: The Case Of Catfish," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 22(02), December.
- Brooker, John R. & Eastwood, David B. & Orr, Robert H., 1987. "Consumers' Perceptions Of Locally Grown Produce At Retail Outlets," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 18(1), February.
- John M. Halloran & Michael V. Martin, 1989. "Should states be in the agricultural promotion business?," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(1), pages 65-75.
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1981. "Fully recursive probability models and multivariate log-linear probability models for the analysis of qualitative data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 51-69, May.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)