Institutional Support and Technological Upgrading: Evidence from Dynamic Clusters in Latin America and Asia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michiko Iizuka & Jorge Katz, 2011.
"Natural Resource Industries, ‘Tragedy of the Commons’ and the Case of Chilean Salmon Farming,"
Institutions and Economies (formerly known as International Journal of Institutions and Economies),
Faculty of Economics and Administration, University of Malaya, vol. 3(2), pages 259-286, July.
- Iizuka, Michiko & Katz, Jorge, 2010. "Natural resource industries, 'tragedy of the commons' and the case of Chilean salmon farming," MERIT Working Papers 061, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Fransman, Martin, 1986. "International competitiveness, technical change and the state: The machine tool industry in Taiwan and Japan," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(12), pages 1375-1396, December.
- Rasiah, Rajah, 1994. "Flexible Production Systems and Local Machine-Tool Subcontracting: Electronics Components Transnationals in Malaysia," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(3), pages 279-298, June.
- Richard Nelson, 2008.
"Economic Development from the Perspective of Evolutionary Economic Theory,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(1), pages 9-21.
- Richard R. Nelson, 2006. "Economic Development from the Perspective of Evolutionary Economic Theory," The Other Canon Foundation and Tallinn University of Technology Working Papers in Technology Governance and Economic Dynamics 02, TUT Ragnar Nurkse School of Innovation and Governance.
- Tibor Scitovsky, 1954. "Two Concepts of External Economies," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62, pages 143-143.
- Giuliani, Elisa & Pietrobelli, Carlo & Rabellotti, Roberta, 2005.
"Upgrading in Global Value Chains: Lessons from Latin American Clusters,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 549-573, April.
- Elisa Giuliani & Carlo Pietrobelli & Roberta Rabellotti, 2004. "Upgrading in global value chains: lessons from latin american clusters," Working Papers 72, SEMEQ Department - Faculty of Economics - University of Eastern Piedmont.
- Malerba, Franco & Nelson, Richard & Orsenigo, Luigi & Winter, Sidney, 2008.
"Public policies and changing boundaries of firms in a "history-friendly" model of the co-evolution of the computer and semiconductor industries,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 355-380, August.
- Franco Malerba & Richard Nelson & Luigi Orsenigo & Sidney Winter, 2007. "Public Policies and Changing Boundaries of Firms in a "History Friendly" Model of the Co-evolution of the Computer and Semiconductor Industries," KITeS Working Papers 201, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Jun 2007.
- Wagner, Alfred, 1891. "Marshall's Principles of Economics," History of Economic Thought Articles, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, vol. 5, pages 319-338.
- Rajneesh Narula & John Dunning, 2000. "Industrial Development, Globalization and Multinational Enterprises: New Realities for Developing Countries," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(2), pages 141-167.
- Heidi Wiig Aslesen, 2007. "The Innovation System of Norwegian Aquacultured Salmonids," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20070606, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Neil M. Coe & Peter Dicken & Martin Hess, 2008. "Global production networks: realizing the potential," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(3), pages 271-295, May.
- Young, Allyn A., 1928. "Increasing Returns and Economic Progress," History of Economic Thought Articles, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, vol. 38, pages 527-542.
- Ner Artola & Eduardo Zepeda & Roberta Rabellotti & Raquel Gomes & Alessia Amighini & Claudio Maggi Campos & Arlindo Villaschi Filho & Carlo Pietrobelli & José Eduardo Cassiolato & Mario Davide Parrill, 2006. "Upgrading to Compete: Global Value Chains, Clusters, and SMEs in Latin America," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 13158 edited by Roberta Rabellotti & Carlo Pietrobelli, February.
- Brusco, Sebastiano, 1982. "The Emilian Model: Productive Decentralisation and Social Integration," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 167-184, June.
- Paola Perez-Aleman, 2005. "CLUSTER formation, institutions and learning: the emergence of clusters and development in Chile," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(4), pages 651-677, August.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1997.
"TFPG Controversies, Institutions, and Economic Performance in East Asia,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1587, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dani Rodrik, 1997. "TFPG Controversies, Institutions, and Economic Performance in East Asia," NBER Working Papers 5914, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rajah Rasiah & Jebamalai Vinanchiarachi & Padmanand Vadakkepat, 2014. "Catching-Up from Way Behind: How Timor-Leste Can Avoid the Dutch Disease?," Institutions and Economies (formerly known as International Journal of Institutions and Economies), Faculty of Economics and Administration, University of Malaya, vol. 6(1), pages 119-148, April.
- Rajah RASIAH, 2013. "Stimulating Innovation in ASEAN Institutional Support, R&D Activity and Intellectual Property Rights," Working Papers DP-2013-28, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wea:worler:v:2013:y:2013:i:2:p:24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jake McMurchie). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/worecea.html .