Determinants Of Sustainable Banks’ Profitability. Evidence From Eu Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Beckmann, Rainer, 2007. "Profitability of Western European banking systems: panel evidence on structural and cyclical determinants," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2007,17, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Demirguc, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1999.
"Determinants of Commercial Bank Interest Margins and Profitability: Some International Evidence,"
The World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 379-408, May.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1998. "Determinants of commercial bank interest margins and profitability : some international evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1900, The World Bank.
- Athanasoglou, Panayiotis P. & Brissimis, Sophocles N. & Delis, Matthaios D., 2008.
"Bank-specific, industry-specific and macroeconomic determinants of bank profitability,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 121-136, April.
- Athanasoglou, Panayiotis & Brissimis, Sophocles & Delis, Matthaios, 2005. "Bank-specific, industry-specific and macroeconomic determinants of bank profitability," MPRA Paper 32026, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Panayiotis P. Athanasoglou & Sophocles N. Brissimis & Matthaios D. Delis, 2005. "Bank-Specific, Industry-Specific and Macroeconomic Determinants of Bank Profitability," Working Papers 25, Bank of Greece.
- Kyriaki Kosmidou, 2008. "The determinants of banks' profits in Greece during the period of EU financial integration," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 34(3), pages 146-159, February.
- Ben Naceur, Samy & Kandil, Magda, 2009.
"The impact of capital requirements on banks' cost of intermediation and performance: The case of Egypt,"
Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 70-89.
- Samy Ben Naceur & Magda Kandil, 2008. "The Impact of Capital Requirements on Banks’ Cost of Intermediation and Performance: The Case of Egypt," Working Papers 430, Economic Research Forum, revised 09 Jan 2008.
- Majid Karimzadeh & S. Jawed Akhtar & Behzad Karimzadeh, 2013. "Determinants of Profitability of Banking Sector in India," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 20(2), pages 211-219, October.
- Fadzlan Sufian & Muhamed Zulkhibri, 2015.
"The Nexus between Economic Freedom and Islamic Bank Profitability in the MENA Banking Sectors,"
Global Business Review, International Management Institute, vol. 16(5_suppl), pages 58-81, October.
- Sufian, Fadzlan & Zulkhibri, Muhamed, 2011. "The Nexus between Economic Freedom and Islamic Bank Performance in the MENA Banking Sectors," MPRA Paper 51285, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hirtle, Beverly J. & Stiroh, Kevin J., 2007.
"The return to retail and the performance of US banks,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 1101-1133, April.
- Beverly Hirtle & Kevin J. Stiroh, 2005. "The return to retail and the performance of U.S. banks," Staff Reports 233, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Fadzlan SUFIAN & Muzafar Shah HABIBULLAH, 2009.
"Bank specific and macroeconomic determinants of bank profitability: Empirical evidence from the China banking sector,"
Frontiers of Economics in China, IAR, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics, vol. 4(2), pages 274-291, June.
- Fadzlan Sufian & Muzafar Habibullah, 2009. "Bank specific and macroeconomic determinants of bank profitability: Empirical evidence from the China banking sector," Frontiers of Economics in China, Springer;Higher Education Press, vol. 4(2), pages 274-291, June.
- Alper, Deger & Anbar, Adem, 2011. "Bank Specific and Macroeconomic Determinants of Commercial Bank Profitability: Empirical Evidence from Turkey," Business and Economics Research Journal, Uludag University, Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, vol. 2(2), pages 139-139, April.
- Adriana DAVIDESCU & Vasile Alecsandru STRAT, 2014. "Coordinates of a New Romanian Regional Policy - Identifying the Development Poles. A Case Study," Informatica Economica, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 18(2), pages 88-99.
- Albertazzi, Ugo & Gambacorta, Leonardo, 2009. "Bank profitability and the business cycle," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 393-409, December.
- Constantinos Alexiou & Voyazas Sofoklis, 2009. "Determinants Of Bank Profitability: Evidence From The Greek Banking Sector," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Belgrade, vol. 54(182), pages 93-118, July – Se.
- Dietrich, Andreas & Wanzenried, Gabrielle, 2011. "Determinants of bank profitability before and during the crisis: Evidence from Switzerland," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 307-327, July.
- Muhamad Muda & Amir Shaharuddin & Abdelhakim Embaya, 2013. "Comparative Analysis of Profitability Determinants of Domestic and Foreign Islamic Banks in Malaysia," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 3(3), pages 559-569.
- Omar Masood & Muhammad Ashraf, 2012. "Bank‐specific and macroeconomic profitability determinants of Islamic banks," Qualitative Research in Financial Markets, Emerald Group Publishing Limited, vol. 4(2/3), pages 255-268, August.
- Antonio Trujillo-Ponce, 2013. "What determines the profitability of banks? Evidence from Spain," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 53(2), pages 561-586, June.
- Fiona Tregenna, 2009. "The fat years: the structure and profitability of the US banking sector in the pre-crisis period," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(4), pages 609-632, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adriana AnaMaria DAVIDESCU, 2015. "Active Ageing and Shadow Economy in Romania. An Empirical Causality Analysis," Management Dynamics in the Knowledge Economy, College of Management, National University of Political Studies and Public Administration, vol. 3(2), pages 237-256, June.
- repec:ers:journl:v:v:y:2017:i:4:p:78-95 is not listed on IDEAS
- Begoña Torre Olmo & María Cantero Saiz & Sergio Sanfilippo Azofra, 2021. "Sustainable Banking, Market Power, and Efficiency: Effects on Banks’ Profitability and Risk," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(3), pages 1-24, January.
- K. Bojare & I. Romanova, 2017. "The Factors Affecting the Profitability of Banks: The Case of Latvia," International Journal of Economics & Business Administration (IJEBA), International Journal of Economics & Business Administration (IJEBA), vol. 0(4), pages 78-95.
- Kristina Bojare & Inna Romanova, 2017. "The Factors Affecting the Profitability of Banks: The Case of Latvia," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(3A), pages 905-919.
- Serhat Yüksel & Shahriyar Mukhtarov & Elvin Mammadov & Mustafa Özsarı, 2018. "Determinants of Profitability in the Banking Sector: An Analysis of Post-Soviet Countries," Economies, MDPI, vol. 6(3), pages 1-15, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Mariarosa Borroni & Mariacristina Piva & Simone Rossi, 2016. "Determinants of Bank Profitability in the Euro Area: Has Anything Changed?," DISCE - Quaderni del Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali dises1619, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Olalere Oluwaseyi Ebenezer & Md. Aminul Islam & Wan Sallha Yusoff & Farid Ahammad Sobhani, 2019. "Exploring Liquidity Risk and Interest-Rate Risk: Implications for Profitability and Firm Value in Nigerian Banks," Journal of Reviews on Global Economics, Lifescience Global, vol. 8, pages 315-326.
- Simone Rossi & Mariarosa Borroni & Andrea Lippi & Mariacristina Piva, 2018. "Determinants of Bank Profitability in the Euro Area: What Has Changed During the Recent Financial Crisis?," International Business Research, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 11(5), pages 18-27, May.
- Ayaydin, Hasan & Karaaslan, İbrahim, 2014. "Stock Market Development, Bank Concentration, Ownership Structure, and Bank Performance: Evidence from Turkey," EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 49-67.
- Muhammad Haris & Yong Tan & Ali Malik & Qurat Ul Ain, 2020. "A Study on the Impact of Capitalization on the Profitability of Banks in Emerging Markets: A Case of Pakistan," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 13(9), pages 1-21, September.
- Eric Kofi Boadi & Eric Kofi Boadi & Yao Li & Victor Curtis Lartey & Victor Curtis Lartey, 2016. "Role of Bank Specific, Macroeconomic and Risk Determinants of Banks Profitability: Empirical Evidence from Ghana's Rural Banking Industry," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(2), pages 813-823.
- TOMULEASA, Ioana-Iuliana & COCRIŞ, Vasile, 2014. "Measuring The Financial Performance Of The European Systemically Important Banks," Studii Financiare (Financial Studies), Centre of Financial and Monetary Research "Victor Slavescu", vol. 18(4), pages 31-51.
- Yong Tan, 2020. "Competition and Profitability in the Chinese Banking Industry: New Evidence from Different Ownership Types," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 503-526, September.
- Nikolaos K. Kalogeridis & Evagelos Drimbetas & Marios E. Menexiadis, 2016. "The Effect of Internal, Industry and Macroeconomic Factors on Banking Profitability: Evidence from the Post 2000 Southern European Banking Sector," International Journal of Economics & Business Administration (IJEBA), International Journal of Economics & Business Administration (IJEBA), vol. 0(4).
- Muhammad Ali, 2016. "Bank Profitability and its Determinants in Pakistan: A Panel Data Analysis after Financial Crisis," Journal of Finance and Economics Research, Geist Science, Iqra University, Faculty of Business Administration, vol. 1(1), pages 1-14, March.
- Cemil ÇİFTÇİ & Dilek DURUSU-ÇİFTÇİ, 2019. "Determinants of Bank Profitability after Transition to the Strong Economy Program in Turkey," Sosyoekonomi Journal, Sosyoekonomi Society, issue 27(39).
- Van-Thep & Nguyen & Day-Yang & Liu, 2019. "Determinants of financial soundness of commercial banks: Evidence from Vietnam," Journal of Applied Finance & Banking, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 9(3), pages 1-3.
- Olufemi Adewale Aluko & Funso Tajudeen Kolapo & Patrick Olufemi Adeyeye & Patrick Olajide Oladele, 2019. "Impact of Financial Risks on the Profitability of Systematically Important Banks in Nigeria," Paradigm, , vol. 23(2), pages 117-129, December.
- Hasan AYAYDIN & Ýbrahim KARAASLAN, 2014. "Stock Market Development, Bank Concentration, Ownership Structure, and Bank Performance: Evidence from Turkey," Journal of Economics and Political Economy, KSP Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 49-67, September.
- Vera-Gilces, Paul & Camino-Mogro, Segundo & Ordeñana-Rodríguez, Xavier & Cornejo-Marcos, Gino, 2020. "A look inside banking profitability: Evidence from a dollarized emerging country," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 147-166.
- Alexandra Horobet & Magdalena Radulescu & Lucian Belascu & Sandra Maria Dita, 2021. "Determinants of Bank Profitability in CEE Countries: Evidence from GMM Panel Data Estimates," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 14(7), pages 1-23, July.
- Claudiu Mihail MANOLESCU & Elena MANOLESCU, 2016. "The influence of non-performing loans on macroeconomic indicators in Romania between 2009-2015," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(Special(I), pages 220-230.
- Nicolae BALTEȘ & Alexandra-Gabriela-Maria DRAGOE & Sebastian-Ilie DRAGOE, 2016. "The evaluation of the companies financial performance through the rates of return," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(Special(I), pages 84-95.
- Ioan Trenca & Daniela Bozga & Daniela Zapodeanu & Mihail Ioan Cociuba, 2017. "Considerations On The Strategy Of Commercial Banks In The Context Of The Financial System Development For The Period 2005-2013," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(2), pages 248-258, December.
- Martins, António Miguel & Serra, Ana Paula & Stevenson, Simon, 2019. "Determinants of real estate bank profitability," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 282-300.
More about this item
Keywordssustainable bank; profitability; macroeconomic fundamentals; sentiment indicator; panel data regression;
All these keywords.
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vls:finstu:v:19:y:2015:i:1:p:21-39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cfiarro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Daniel Mateescu (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cfiarro.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.