Determinants Of Sustainable Banks’ Profitability. Evidence From Eu Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Beckmann, Rainer, 2007. "Profitability of Western European banking systems: panel evidence on structural and cyclical determinants," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2007,17, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Demirguc, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1999.
"Determinants of Commercial Bank Interest Margins and Profitability: Some International Evidence,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 379-408, May.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1998. "Determinants of commercial bank interest margins and profitability : some international evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1900, The World Bank.
- Athanasoglou, Panayiotis P. & Brissimis, Sophocles N. & Delis, Matthaios D., 2008.
"Bank-specific, industry-specific and macroeconomic determinants of bank profitability,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 121-136, April.
- Athanasoglou, Panayiotis & Brissimis, Sophocles & Delis, Matthaios, 2005. "Bank-specific, industry-specific and macroeconomic determinants of bank profitability," MPRA Paper 32026, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Panayiotis P. Athanasoglou & Sophocles N. Brissimis & Matthaios D. Delis, 2005. "Bank-Specific, Industry-Specific and Macroeconomic Determinants of Bank Profitability," Working Papers 25, Bank of Greece.
- Kyriaki Kosmidou, 2008. "The determinants of banks' profits in Greece during the period of EU financial integration," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 34(3), pages 146-159, February.
- Ben Naceur, Samy & Kandil, Magda, 2009.
"The impact of capital requirements on banks' cost of intermediation and performance: The case of Egypt,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 70-89.
- Samy Ben Naceur & Magda Kandil, 2008. "The Impact of Capital Requirements on Banks’ Cost of Intermediation and Performance: The Case of Egypt," Working Papers 430, Economic Research Forum, revised 09 Jan 2008.
- Majid Karimzadeh & S. Jawed Akhtar & Behzad Karimzadeh, 2013. "Determinants of Profitability of Banking Sector in India," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 20(2), pages 211-219, October.
- Sufian, Fadzlan & Zulkhibri, Muhamed, 2011. "The Nexus between Economic Freedom and Islamic Bank Performance in the MENA Banking Sectors," MPRA Paper 51285, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hirtle, Beverly J. & Stiroh, Kevin J., 2007.
"The return to retail and the performance of US banks,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 1101-1133, April.
- Beverly Hirtle & Kevin J. Stiroh, 2005. "The return to retail and the performance of U.S. banks," Staff Reports 233, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Fadzlan SUFIAN & Muzafar Shah HABIBULLAH, 2009.
"Bank specific and macroeconomic determinants of bank profitability: Empirical evidence from the China banking sector,"
Frontiers of Economics in China,
Higher Education Press, vol. 4(2), pages 274-291, June.
- Fadzlan Sufian & Muzafar Habibullah, 2009. "Bank specific and macroeconomic determinants of bank profitability: Empirical evidence from the China banking sector," Frontiers of Economics in China, Springer;Higher Education Press, vol. 4(2), pages 274-291, June.
- Alper, Deger & Anbar, Adem, 2011. "Bank Specific and Macroeconomic Determinants of Commercial Bank Profitability: Empirical Evidence from Turkey," Business and Economics Research Journal, Uludag University, Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, vol. 2(2), pages 139-139, April.
- Albertazzi, Ugo & Gambacorta, Leonardo, 2009. "Bank profitability and the business cycle," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 393-409, December.
- Constantinos Alexiou & Voyazas Sofoklis, 2009. "Determinants Of Bank Profitability: Evidence From The Greek Banking Sector," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 54(182), pages 93-118, July – Se.
- Dietrich, Andreas & Wanzenried, Gabrielle, 2011. "Determinants of bank profitability before and during the crisis: Evidence from Switzerland," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 307-327, July.
- Muhamad Muda & Amir Shaharuddin & Abdelhakim Embaya, 2013. "Comparative Analysis of Profitability Determinants of Domestic and Foreign Islamic Banks in Malaysia," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 3(3), pages 559-569.
- Omar Masood & Muhammad Ashraf, 2012. "Bank-specific and macroeconomic profitability determinants of Islamic banks: The case of different countries," Qualitative Research in Financial Markets, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(2/3), pages 255-268, August.
- Antonio Trujillo-Ponce, 2013. "What determines the profitability of banks? Evidence from Spain," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 53(2), pages 561-586, June.
- Fiona Tregenna, 2009. "The fat years: the structure and profitability of the US banking sector in the pre-crisis period," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(4), pages 609-632, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adriana AnaMaria DAVIDESCU, 2015. "Active Ageing and Shadow Economy in Romania. An Empirical Causality Analysis," Management Dynamics in the Knowledge Economy Journal, College of Management, National University of Political Studies and Public Administration, vol. 3(2), pages 237-256, June.
- repec:ers:journl:v:xx:y:2017:i:3a:p:905-919 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ers:journl:v:v:y:2017:i:4:p:78-95 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ers:ijebaa:v:v:y:2017:i:4:p:78-95 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jecomi:v:6:y:2018:i:3:p:41-:d:158741 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordssustainable bank; profitability; macroeconomic fundamentals; sentiment indicator; panel data regression;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vls:finstu:v:19:y:2015:i:1:p:21-39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Daniel Mateescu). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cfiarro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.