Willingness to Pay for Quality Improvements: Comparative Statics and Interpretation of Contingent Valuation Results
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Henrique Monteiro, 2010. "Residential Water Demand in Portugal: checking for efficiency-based justifications for increasing block tariffs," Working Papers Series 1 ercwp0110, ISCTE-IUL, Business Research Unit (BRU-IUL).
- Samuel D. Zapata & Carlos E. Carpio, 2014.
"The theoretical structure of producer willingness to pay estimates,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(5), pages 613-623, September.
- Zapata, Samuel D. & Carpio, Carlos E., 2012. "The Theoretical Structure of Producer Willingness to Pay Estimates," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 123434, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- John C. Whitehead & Thomas J. Hoban, 1999.
"Testing for Temporal Reliability in Contingent Valuation with Time for Changes in Factors Affecting Demand,"
Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(3), pages 453-465.
- John C. Whitehead & Thomas J. Hoban, "undated". "Testing for Temporal Reliability in Contingent Valuation with Time for Changes in Factors Affecting Demand," Working Papers 9613, East Carolina University, Department of Economics.
- Li, Hui & Jenkins-Smith, Hank C. & Silva, Carol L. & Berrens, Robert P. & Herron, Kerry G., 2009. "Public support for reducing US reliance on fossil fuels: Investigating household willingness-to-pay for energy research and development," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 731-742, January.
- Cunha-e-Sa, Maria A. & Ducla-Soares, Maria M., 1999. "Specification Tests for Mixed Demand Systems with an Emphasis on Combining Contingent Valuation and Revealed Data," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 215-233, September.
- Van Houtven, George & Powers, John & Pattanayak, Subhrendu K., 2007. "Valuing water quality improvements in the United States using meta-analysis: Is the glass half-full or half-empty for national policy analysis?," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 206-228, September.
- Onur Sapci & Aaron Wood & Jason Shogren & Jolene Green, 2016.
"Can verifiable information cut through the noise about climate protection? An experimental auction test,"
Springer, vol. 134(1), pages 87-99, January.
- Onur Sapci & Aaron D. Wood & Jason F. Shogren & Jolene F. Green, 2016. "Can verifiable information cut through the noise about climate protection? An experimental auction test," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 134(1), pages 87-99, January.
- John C. Whitehead & Timothy C. Haab & Ju-Chin Huang, 1998.
"Part-Whole Bias in Contingent Valuation: Will Scope Effects Be Detected with Inexpensive Survey Methods?,"
Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 65(1), pages 160-168, July.
- John C. Whitehead & Timothy Haab & Ju-Chin Huang, "undated". "Part-Whole Bias in Contingent Valuation: Will Scope Effects Be Detected with Inexpensive Survey Methods?," Working Papers 9707, East Carolina University, Department of Economics.
- Ana Bobinac, 2019. "Mitigating hypothetical bias in willingness to pay studies: post-estimation uncertainty and anchoring on irrelevant information," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 20(1), pages 75-82, February.
- John C. Whitehead & O. Ashton Morgan & William L. Huth & Gregory S. Martin & Richard Sjolander, 2012. "Willingness-to-Pay for Oyster Consumption Mortality Risk Reductions," Working Papers 12-07, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Huang, Ju-Chin & Haab, Timothy C. & Whitehead, John C., 1997. "Willingness to Pay for Quality Improvements: Should Revealed and Stated Preference Data Be Combined?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 240-255, November.
- Catherine M. Chambers & Paul E. Chambers & John C. Whitehead, 1998.
"Contingent Valuation of Quasi-Public Goods: Validity, Reliability, and Application To Valuing a Historic Site,"
Public Finance Review, , vol. 26(2), pages 137-154, March.
- Catherine M. Chambers & Paul E. Chambers & John C. Whitehead, "undated". "Contingent Valuation of Quasi-Public Goods: Validity, Reliability, and Application to Valuing a Historic Site," Working Papers 9614, East Carolina University, Department of Economics.
- Hanemann, W. Michael & Kanninen, Barbara, 1996. "The Statistical Analysis Of Discrete-Response Cv Data," CUDARE Working Papers 25022, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Rambonilaza, Tina, 2005. "Land-use planning and public preferences: What can we learn from choice experiments method?," MPRA Paper 9225, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised May 2007.
- Senakpon, Kokoye, 2017. "Farmers’ Willingness To Pay For Soil Testing Service In Northern Haiti," 2017 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2017, Mobile, Alabama 252804, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Ju-Chin Huang & Timothy C. Haab & John C. Whitehead, "undated". "Willingness to Pay for Quality Improvements: Can Revealed and Stated Preferences Data be Combined?," Working Papers 9704, East Carolina University, Department of Economics.
- Atsushi Maruyama & Masao Kikuchi, 2004. "Risk-learning process in forming willingness-to-pay for egg safety," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(2), pages 167-179.
- Arega, Tiruwork & Tadesse, Tewodros, 2017. "Household willingness to pay for green electricity in urban and peri-urban Tigray, northern Ethiopia: Determinants and welfare effects," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 292-300.
- John C. Whitehead & Subhrendu K. Pattanayak & George L. Van Houtven & Brett R. Gelso, 2005. "Combining Revealed and Stated Preference Data to Estimate the Nonmarket Value of Ecological Services: An Assessment of the State of the Science," Working Papers 05-19, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University, revised 2007.
- John C. Whitehead, "undated". "A Demand Side Test for Avoiding Type I Error in Environmental Equity Analyses," Working Papers 9804, East Carolina University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:landec:v:71:y:1995:i:2:p:207-215. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://le.uwpress.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.