Is Zoning a Negative-Sum Game?
Zoning is well known as a key instrument of planning regulation, which is environmental regulation in its broadest sense. Zoning in terms of economic theorisation is normally justified by the Pigovian welfare economics theses of market failure, notably '...
- Christian Hilber & Frédéric Robert-Nicoud, 2006.
"Owners of Developed Land versus Owners of Undeveloped Land: Why Land Use is More Constrained in the Bay Area than in Pittsburgh,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0760, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Christian A. L. Hilber & Frédéric Robert-Nicoud, 2006. "Owners of developed land versus owners of undeveloped land: why land use is more constrained in the Bay Area than in Pittsburgh," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 4384, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Walls, Margaret, 2012. "Markets for Development Rights: Lessons Learned from Three Decades of a TDR Program," Discussion Papers dp-12-49, Resources For the Future.
- Paul Thorsnes, 2002. "The Value of a Suburban Forest Preserve: Estimates from Sales of Vacant Residential Building Lots," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(3), pages 426-441.
- McConnell, Virginia D. & Kopits, Elizabeth & Walls, Margaret, 2005. "Farmland Preservation and Residential Density: Can Development Rights Markets Affect Land Use?," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 34(2), October.
- Eugenio Figueroa & George Lever, 1992. "Determinantes del Precio de Mercado de los Terrenos en el Área Urbana de Santiago," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 29(86), pages 99-114.
- Lai, Fu-Chuan & Tsai, Jyh-Fa, 2004. "Duopoly locations and optimal zoning in a small open city," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 614-626, May.
- Walls, Margaret & McConnell, Virginia, 2004. "Incentive-Based Land Use Policies and Water Quality in the Chesapeake Bay," Discussion Papers dp-04-20, Resources For the Future.
- Adelaja, Adesoji O. & Gibson, Melissa, 2008. "Municipal Land Use and the Financial Viability of Schools," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6412, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Binswanger, Hans P. & Deininger, Klaus & Feder, Gershon, 1995. "Power, distortions, revolt and reform in agricultural land relations," Handbook of Development Economics, in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 42, pages 2659-2772 Elsevier.
- Binswanger, Hans P. & Deininger, Klaus & Feder, Gershon, 1993. "Power, distortions, revolt, and reform in agricultural land relations," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1164, The World Bank.
- Elizabeth Kopits & Virginia McConnell & Margaret Walls, 2008. "Making Markets for Development Rights Work: What Determines Demand?," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 84(1), pages 1-16.
- Walls, Margaret & McConnell, Virginia & Kopits, Elizabeth, 2005. "Making Markets for Development Rights Work: What Determines Demand," Discussion Papers dp-05-45, Resources For the Future.
- Walls, Margaret & McConnell, Virginia & Kopits, Elizabeth, 2003. "How Well Can Markets for Development Rights Work? Evaluating a Farmland Preservation Program," Discussion Papers dp-03-08, Resources For the Future.
- Ramakrishna Nallathiga, 2006. "An Evaluation of the Impact of Density Regulation on Land Markets in Mumbai," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 9(1), pages 132-152.
- repec:hal:journl:hal-00490344 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:landec:v:65:y:1989:i:1:p:1-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed