Internet Technologies Usage by Audit Firms in Malaysia
This study provides insights into audit firmsâ€™ perceptions of facilitators and inhibitors of the usage of Internet technologies. Data were gathered from 14 in-depth semi-structured interviews conducted with audit partners/managers of audit firms located in northern Malaysia. Cross-case analysis shows that perceived Internet benefits, the need for online communication, lack of time in accessing and exploring Internet applications, and lack of internal information technology (IT) expertise are closely related to entry-level Internettechnologies usage among small and medium-sized practices (SMPs) in Malaysia. This study highlights the importance of perceived benefits in influencing internet usage and suggests both limited-users and non-users to familiarise themselves with Internet applications. Findings indicate that lack of time and internal IT expertise are among the key inhibitors to the usage of these technologies. Top management should provide the necessary incentives to promote Internet usage. This study contributes to the advancement of knowledge in IT adoption and addresses the issue of low IT usage among SMPs in Malaysia.
Volume (Year): 9 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://web.usm.my/aamj/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pontikakis, D. & Lin, Y. & Demirbas, D., 2006. "History matters in Greece: The adoption of Internet-enabled computers by small and medium sized enterprises," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 332-358, September.
- Fariborz Damanpour, 1996. "Organizational Complexity and Innovation: Developing and Testing Multiple Contingency Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(5), pages 693-716, May.
- Walczuch, Rita & Van Braven, Gert & Lundgren, Henriette, 2000. "Internet adoption barriers for small firms in The Netherlands," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 561-572, October.
- Ruby Roy Dholakia & Nir Kshetri, 2004. "Factors Impacting the Adoption of the Internet among SMEs," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 311-322, November.
- Takiah Mohd Iskandar & Zuraidah Mohd Sanusi, 2011. "Assessing the Effects of Self-Efficacy and Task Complexity on Internal Contral Audit Judgement," Asian Academy of Management Journal of Accounting and Finance (AAMJAF), Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia, vol. 7(1), pages 29-52.
- Solomon, Ira & Trotman, Ken T., 2003. "Experimental judgment and decision research in auditing: the first 25 years of AOS," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 395-412, May.
- Mohamad Naimi Mohamad-Nor & email@example.com & Rohami Shafie & Wan Nordin Wan-Hussin, 2010. "Corporate Governance and Audit Report Lag in Malaysia," Asian Academy of Management Journal of Accounting and Finance (AAMJAF), Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia, vol. 6(2), pages 57-84.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:usm:journl:aamjaf00901_47-66. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journal Division, Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.