Financial Integration And Financial Deepening In The Selected European Transition Economies
International financial integration of transition countries from the region of Central, Eastern and Southï¿½Eastern Europe suggests an interesting example of the relation between the overall macroeconomic performance and the changes in the height as well as the structure of the crossï¿½border capital inflows and outflows. Structural changes, high economic growth and dynamic convergence toward the Western European countries stimulated the pressures on the domestic capital base of the transition countries. Current account and international investment position deficits that many of the European transition countries have experienced till the present days emphasize their role on the foreign markets as net debtors. In the paper we examine main trends in the international financial integration of the selected European transition economies (Bulgaria, the Czech republic, Romania and the Slovak republic). At the same time we explore the essential features of the financial deepening of the selected group of the countries. The objective is to identify the country specific aspects in the international financial integration and financial deepening as well as the potential linkage between them.
Volume (Year): 3 (2008)
Issue (Month): 4(6)_Winter2008 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www2.spiruharet.ro/facultati/facultate.php?id=14|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- ., 2006. "Military Expenditure and Economic Growth," Chapters, in: The Elgar Companion to Development Studies, chapter 77 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- ., 2006. "Human Development and Economic Growth," Chapters, in: The Elgar Companion to Development Studies, chapter 51 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- ., 2006. "Agriculture and Economic Growth," Chapters, in: The Elgar Companion to Development Studies, chapter 2 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Bhargava, Alok & Jamison, Dean T. & Lau, Lawrence J. & Murray, Christopher J. L., 2001.
"Modeling the effects of health on economic growth,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 423-440, May.
- Alok Bhargava & Dean T. Jamison & Lawrence J. Lau & Christopher J. L. Murray, 2006. "Modeling the effects of health on economic growth," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Econometrics, Statistics And Computational Approaches In Food And Health Sciences, chapter 20, pages 269-286 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- ., 2006. "Uneconomic Growth," Chapters, in: The Elgar Companion to Development Studies, chapter 127 Edward Elgar Publishing.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ush:jaessh:v:3:y:2008:i:4(6)_winter2008:46. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Laura Stefanescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.