A Swot Analysis Of Smesï¿½ Development In Romania
Nowadays, the importance of the SME field becomes more and more a real basis for establishing and developing a modern, dynamic knowledgeï¿½based economy. The experience of the European Union clearly demonstrates that the SME sector can make a substantial contribution to Gross Domestic Product, enhance employment opportunities and stimulate export growth. SMEs have the ability to respond flexibly in a strongly competitive market and to adapt quickly to cyclical and structural changes in the global economy. Therefore, a dynamic SME sector is needed to ensure continued economic growth, to stimulate the employment and the improvement of the living standards. The accession of Romania to the European Union involves a lot of challenges and opportunities for the Romania SMEs sector. In this context, the SWOT analysis will reveal the main strong and weak points of this sector development, the threats but also the ooportunities. Starting from this, there are presented the principles that will be followed for the development of this sector and the national strategy for the support and promotion of Romanian SMEs
Volume (Year): 3 (2008)
Issue (Month): 4(6)_Winter2008 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www2.spiruharet.ro/facultati/facultate.php?id=14|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Berger, Allen N. & Udell, Gregory F., 2005. "A more complete conceptual framework for financing of small and medium enterprises," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3795, The World Bank.
- Domenico Sarno, 2008.
"Financial And Legal Constraints To Firm Growth: The Case Of Italy,"
Journal of Applied Economic Sciences,
Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 3(3(5)_Fall), pages 293-305.
- Sarno, Domenico, 2008. "Financial And Legal Constraints To Firm Growth: Tha Case Of Italy," MPRA Paper 9558, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hallberg, K., 2000. "A Market-Oriented Strategy for Small and Medium Scale Enterprises," Papers 40, World Bank - International Finance Corporation.
- Laura Stefanescu & Laura Ungureanu & Ion Viorel Matei, 2008. "Reengineering As An Efficient Solution To Redesign Activities And Processes Of An Enterprise," Journal of Applied Economic Sciences, Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 3(2(4)_Summ).
- Stefanescu, Laura & Ungureanu, Laura & Matei, Ion Viorel, 2008. "Reengineering as an Efficient Solution to Redesign Activities and Processes of an Enterprise," MPRA Paper 8618, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Beck, T.H.L., 2007. "Financing constraints of SMEs in developing countries : Evidence, determinants and solutions," Other publications TiSEM 85aac075-08b5-44ce-bf1a-9, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ush:jaessh:v:3:y:2008:i:4(6)_winter2008:38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Laura Stefanescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.