Asset prices and wealth inequality in a simple model with idiosyncratic shocks
This paper analytically solves a heterogeneous agent model with idiosyncratic shocks to marginal utility of consumption and explores the effects of the borrowing constraint on the price of the asset, the composition of borrowers and lenders in the credit market, and wealth inequality. Results are derived in a stylized model and in a pedagogical fashion.
Volume (Year): 44 (2017)
Issue (Month): 1 Year 2017 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.econ.uchile.cl/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Taub, B, 1988. "Efficiency in a Pure Currency Economy with Inflation," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(4), pages 567-583, October.
- Bewley, Truman, 1977. "The permanent income hypothesis: A theoretical formulation," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 252-292, December.
- Andrew Atkeson & Robert E. Lucas, 1992.
"On Efficient Distribution With Private Information,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 59(3), pages 427-453.
- Andrew Atkeson & Robert E Lucas, 2010. "On Efficient Distribution with Private Information," Levine's Working Paper Archive 2179, David K. Levine.
- Emmanuel Farhi & IvÃ¡n Werning, 2007. "Inequality and Social Discounting," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 115, pages 365-402.
- Emmanuel Farhi & Ivan Werning, "undated". "Inequality and Social Discounting," Working Paper 20937, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Werning, Ivan & Farhi, Emmanuel, 2007. "Inequality and Social Discounting," Scholarly Articles 3451391, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1992. "On Efficiency and Distribution," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(411), pages 233-247, March.
- S. Rao Aiyagari, 1994. "Uninsured Idiosyncratic Risk and Aggregate Saving," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(3), pages 659-684.
- S. Rao Aiyagari, 1993. "Uninsured idiosyncratic risk and aggregate saving," Working Papers 502, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Krusell, Per & Mukoyama, Toshihiko & Smith Jr., Anthony A., 2011. "Asset prices in a Huggett economy," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 146(3), pages 812-844, May.
- Toshihiko Mukoyama & Anthony A. Smith & Per Krusell, 2008. "Asset Prices in a Huggett Economy," 2008 Meeting Papers 181, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Wen, Yi, 2015. "Money, liquidity and welfare," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 1-24.
- Wen, Yi, 2014. "Money, liquidity and welfare," Working Papers 2014-3, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Taub, Bart, 1994. "Currency and Credit Are Equivalent Mechanisms," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(4), pages 921-956, November.
- Per Krusell & Anthony A. Smith & Jr., 1998. "Income and Wealth Heterogeneity in the Macroeconomy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(5), pages 867-896, October.
- Per Krusell & Anthony A. Smith, Jr., "undated". "Income and Wealth Heterogeneity in the Macroeconomy," GSIA Working Papers 1997-37, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Krusell, P & Smith Jr, A-A, 1995. "Income and Wealth Heterogeneity in the Macroeconomic," RCER Working Papers 399, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1980. "Equilibrium in a Pure Currency Economy," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(2), pages 203-220, April. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:udc:esteco:v:44:y:2017:i:1:p:105-119. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Verónica Kunze)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.